Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Perfect , thanks Lloyd. I have bought them off Amazon and was curious if they were from the same guy. I have a few bags and did notice the glitter. I need to look for some leaf type trees. I do have a couple boxes of Scenic Express trees to do up as well, you have to be careful with them as they will dry out and become brittle.

..... do have a couple boxes of Scenic Express trees to do up as well, you have to be careful with them as they will dry out and become brittle.
I did that mistake, I ordered Super Trees about 2-3 years ago and opened it this year and they were all very brittle. They should all be treated with glycerine when they arrive to keep them soft.
At least I can use bits and pieces to create trees.

This should be the last picture of the quarry/mine.

2023-10-15 21-31-52 d.jpg

This section of the layout is done, except for a backdrop and more trees. Now, I'll be working on a section to the right which is my "Heavy Metal" workshop.

Back working on the layout, ....... not really, I should of said fixing.
I have 2 section of track to remove and replace.
One has 1/8" of missing track causing derailment, I thought it would be no problem, but was hugely wrong. Supposedly we learn from our mistakes.
The other is a section I have to remove near the covered bridge because at the exit it goes into a small curve which makes longer cars hit or get stuck in the bridge, again, we learn from our mistakes.
Boy i hate mistakes.

Oh well, in the mean time, I decided to take some pictures of trains on the layout, no not from my mistakes, too ashamed....lol

103.jpg

I did that mistake, I ordered Super Trees about 2-3 years ago and opened it this year and they were all very brittle. They should all be treated with glycerine when they arrive to keep them soft.
At least I can use bits and pieces to create trees.
I think they suggest dipping them (soaking the crowns) in matte medium for a while before sprinkling on the foliage, at least that is what I did and no problem. Also, painting the stem and large branches with acrylic paint seemed to soak in well.

I made a box full in my previous layout and they held up nicely, however I did do a lot of pruning to get the look I wanted.

(shamelessly promoting my video on your thread :rolleyes:

Dave LASM

I think they suggest dipping them (soaking the crowns) in matte medium for a while before sprinkling on the foliage, at least that is what I did and no problem. Also, painting the stem and large branches with acrylic paint seemed to soak in well.

I made a box full in my previous layout and they held up nicely, however I did do a lot of pruning to get the look I wanted.

(shamelessly promoting my video on your thread :rolleyes:

Dave LASM
I remember your video Dave.
The urgent thing to do is not wait, but to do what you said, dip them in matte medium, even if you are not planning on doing the trees right away.

Back