Recent content by UP4-8-8-4

1. U

Replacements for Floquil and Polly Scale paints

Tru-Color paints is the best over all the older ones. Only problem I found is their too thick to spray right out of the bottle with a good duel-action airbrush. Every bottle I get I fill to the top with more Acetone, makes a world of difference in spraying. I use around 35-40 psi for all...
  2. U

More custom paint schemes

Lots of fantastic paint jobs shown here ! These are my Kato FEF-3 Greyhounds I have painted for myself. Kato FEF-3 Greyhounds, yellow stripes & lettering, black smoke stack #844, charcoal stack #807 - Light grey stripes & lettering, #843 black smoke stack, #842 charcoal smoke stack...
  3. U

The indispensable LHS

Most new released and pre-order engine's in steam, diesels and electrics, as well as new released and pre-order passenger sets I generally order from Peat at BLW. Also buy from Toy Train Heaven and MB Klein. Also buy quite a bit off Ebay, mainly brass engines, Monon engines & freight cars and a...
  4. U

Model train layouts: Diesel VS Steam

I've always liked and preferred the Transition Era. All my layouts I've built have been based on it. But also like to build large removable mountains used to cover up diesel servicing facility's so I can run a 100% Steam Era.
  5. U

My Big Shed layout

Nice double deck layout track plan. Very nice built pair of helix's as well. Ernie
  6. U

intro

AH, good to see you've been into N-Gauge for a while as well. I started collection and running N in the 60's when it first came out to present date. Can't beat building an empire layout with N. Great job modeling ! Ernie
  7. U

My Big Boy

Well I gotta say, I have quite a few Big Boys, and your grey one looks darn good ! Really different, I like the looks. Personally, if you just enjoy running trains and don't care about it being prototypical in paint scheme, i'd leave it as is. Ernie
  8. U

Hello to all from Indiana !

Just found this site while doing a forum search, looked pretty good ! I've been an N-Gauge collector and runner since N first appeared in the 60's, still collecting and running them to this day. Ernie

Back