intro

pepi

Greetings,
I am pepi and have been modeling N for 20 years. I like N because you can pull long trains, 30 car and to me pound for pound the engines are powerful compared to HO and the detail is great.

Much can be done in this scale, rolling stock is primary Kadee, with some other mixes of cars that were not produced by Kadee. I know they are Micro trains today, but mine were bought as Kadee and so shall remain.

My layout is 16 X 20 with 3 mainlines, just some quick facts about me and my RR the G&J. I'll be talking to ya, and will happily share what I have learned over the years.

Thanks for reading.

Pepi, welcome to the forum! Do you have a trackplan or photos? People always love to look at photos.

Sure I have pictures, I am sorting out the exposure settings on a new camera so the shots are on the broght side, However happy to share,,enjoy.

I hope the town inhabitants are wearing sunblock! :eek: Jokes aside, you've done some nice work there. What's the setting for your layout? Looks like a mix of SP and SF? I like the U50 and especially that articulated doodlebug, something I've never seen before. Care to give some more details on it?

A really nice job of modeling.

attachment.php

Must be a "wrong side of the tracks" setting. Maybe a little on the seedy side. Do the cops get called to the pool hall or to the X-rated theater very often? And I saw those two flat cars with the cable and transformer loads go through my neck of the woods the other day.:p Actually bought them back in the 70's if I remember right.

Hey thanks glad you like the views. The doodlebug is a model produced by Hallmark as an M190 Motor Car. Most were done with a green and red paint scheme, this particular piece the only one I have seen. I purchased around 1975 from Orange Blossom Hobby, Miami Fl. it is as it was sold.
The theme of the RR is mostly SF, I know I am pushing the bounders cause I buy with color, car type and looks as my guide.
Yes, the cops get a work out over there for sure and there is John Allen's hobby shop just up the street. One would think he would have picked a better neighborhood.

Yes, the cops get a work out over there for sure and there is John Allen's hobby shop just up the street. One would think he would have picked a better neighborhood.

There's a lot of wive's that consider model trains to be a vice anyway.

Greetings,
I am pepi and have been modeling N for 20 years. I like N because you can pull long trains, 30 car and to me pound for pound the engines are powerful compared to HO and the detail is great.

Much can be done in this scale, rolling stock is primary Kadee, with some other mixes of cars that were not produced by Kadee. I know they are Micro trains today, but mine were bought as Kadee and so shall remain.

My layout is 16 X 20 with 3 mainlines, just some quick facts about me and my RR the G&J. I'll be talking to ya, and will happily share what I have learned over the years.

Thanks for reading.

AH, good to see you've been into N-Gauge for a while as well.
I started collection and running N in the 60's when it first came out to present date.
Can't beat building an empire layout with N.
Great job modeling !

Ernie

Brass yes but it is plated, the only paint is the red and yellow. The rest is bright chrome the picture does not capture that. I will try a reshoot it see if I can capture that, it is a nice piece. I'll try a time exposure.

A vise ! Well, at least they know where we are. My wife brings her friends down to see the layout, love to show it to folks she is all good with it. Of course it was BFW, spent my time playing with trains waiting to meet her, LOL.

UP4-8-8-4
You bet N has come a long way, I got into it 1975 when it started to take off detail wise. Concor and Minitrix were the cats meow then, of course Kadee top shelf. I still call em Kadee and they will always be to me. I stayed away from the brass for the most part purchase 2 models that M190 I showed and an RS3.

The RS broke a tower gear boss. The drive gear that ran the trucks would not mesh. I made a huge mistake, as a trusting modeler. I let another so called modeler run the switcher and at speed the clown reversed the direction and that blew up the boss that held the gear in place. Needless to say that was the last time he came to my layout... AH life is learning. I was never able to find parts or a basket case I could cannibalize. To bad cause that was a cool nice running engine, still got the thing not sure why but it is around.

The pics probably came out too bright due to over-exposure. Try changing it to a fast shutter setting, or failing that if they come out dark just upload them anyway and I'll have a go at touching them up (easier to do it with a dark photo than a bright one).

Back