kjd's latest activity

• kjd
    kjd replied to the thread Any tips on cracked gears?.
    I was just working on an Athearn SD60 that is less than 15 years old and 4 of the 6 gears were cracked. I replaced them all with...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to NorthBrit's post in the thread Idiots anonymous? with Like Like.
    and a second time ------- and a third ---- ah yes, the fourth --- Not to mention -------
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to Old 97's post in the thread Idiots anonymous? with Like Like.
    Rico, I'm an idiot too, but there's nothing I want to confess to at this time. :)
  • kjd
    kjd replied to the thread The best protection from the floor?.
    That is way too close, Crandell. In my 30+ years of model railroading, I think I've had one car hit the floor, an Athearn 4740 covered...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to William Burg's post in the thread Inglenook or tuning fork ? with Like Like.
    The best way to learn how to build a model railroad is by building a model railroad, even if it's a tiny one! An Inglenook or "Tuning...
  • kjd
    kjd replied to the thread Haven't done this for years!.
    In spite of the few people who want you to model railroad their way, it is a big and variable enough hobby to do it however you want...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to Cherish's post in the thread Haven't done this for years! with Like Like.
    Thanks. Is there a particular book or magazine that is best for beginners? I've looked at several, but I'd rather someone recommend...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to timlange3's post in the thread Haven't done this for years! with Like Like.
    Consider an along the wall shelf railroad so you can put it at the height that meets your needs. Make the depth so you can reach...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to Cherish's post in the thread Haven't done this for years! with Like Like.
    Hi everybody! I'm a newbie at this. I was bored all winter and I got a bunch of used trains, some stuff from Ebay, and my vivid...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to catnippertom's post in the thread 3D Modeling MAX Lightrail with Like Like.
    Well, I have gotten back into learning a bit of CAD again. I finally took the plunge and did a few lessons on FreeCAD to get used to the...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to Rico's post in the thread Let's get LOADED!!!..... with Like Like.
    Thought I’d take a break from my current projects and spiff up a center beam car load I’ve had stashed away. It turned out okay but...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to Alcomotive's post in the thread Let's get LOADED!!!..... with Like Like.
    Very cool video and explanation on transformer loads...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to CambriaArea51's post in the thread Let's get LOADED!!!..... with Like Like.
    Built a cradle for steel coil wire. The coils are copper coils out of an outside meter reader that we don't use at work anymore and they...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to bigfoot13's post in the thread Let's get LOADED!!!..... with Like Like.
    Just finished creating we web page to generate wrapped lumber loads. Would appreciate some feedback. There are no other links to this...
  • kjd
    kjd reacted to thomasj49's post in the thread New Here But Not To Weathering with Like Like.
    As the title says I'm new to this forum but I have been weathering for a few years now with great success, at least that's the way I see...

Back