3D Modeling MAX Lightrail

catnippertom

That Oregon Guy
Well, I have gotten back into learning a bit of CAD again. I finally took the plunge and did a few lessons on FreeCAD to get used to the program. I thought it would be fun to share the progress of what I picked up CAD for.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 2251523.png

For my PNW people, I am trying to model the Type 2/3 MAX cars. I'll document my progress and hopefully, at some point, I can find a chassis that fits it and print it in HO Scale. Any tips on a project like this would be useful. I'm in the early stages but we will see what we can do. Lots of trail and error ahead!

Well, I have gotten back into learning a bit of CAD again. I finally took the plunge and did a few lessons on FreeCAD to get used to the program. I thought it would be fun to share the progress of what I picked up CAD for.

View attachment 181146

For my PNW people, I am trying to model the Type 2/3 MAX cars. I'll document my progress and hopefully, at some point, I can find a chassis that fits it and print it in HO Scale. Any tips on a project like this would be useful. I'm in the early stages but we will see what we can do. Lots of trail and error ahead!
Never tried CAD so good luck with it, I'll follow along, never know you young guys can teach us old 'uns :D

Never tried CAD so good luck with it, I'll follow along, never know you young guys can teach us old 'uns :D
FreeCAD has a bunch of tutorials that help with getting started. I learned CAD in another program before college but that program is pretty expensive. It is way more intuitive but eh, I'll work with a free one. It's pretty nice being able to use software like this though. Should be helpful when I inevitably start 3d printing things.

Back