Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a gorgeous day out today, so I decided to take the dog on a walk downtown and see the almost completed railroad mural. Its close too 200' long and 50' tall built on and painted on sheets of aluminum. It has been under construction for a while but are now finishing the walkway. This is a replica of what the station here in town looked like before demolition. The bank donated part of its parking lot, and the local HVAC company donated the south side of their building. Pretty cool to see in person.

Anyways, I thought you all would enjoy some photos.

View attachment 182035
View attachment 182036View attachment 182037View attachment 182038View attachment 182039View attachment 182040
Where exactly is Mendota. I suppose I could look it up on a map couldn't I.

Good evening all. Just made it back home. Short day today, so made some errands and stopped by an antique shop in Columbia. Found this odd looking B&O hopper:View attachment 182043
Baltimore and Ohio fans would be stunned as it's sitting on these XIX century trucks. Well it just joined my collection and the only thing i'll do to it, will be installation of Kadee couplers. Otherwise i like it😃.View attachment 182044
Full working suspension on these Central Valley made trucks.View attachment 182045View attachment 182046View attachment 182047
Am I wrong in thinking those trucks were from a coal tender?
Says the car was built in 1927. :)
You're missing a brake wheel.
Nice score all in all.

Guy- Nice job on the build so far. You had me worried on that first attempt?
Gorgeous day around here today ... 72 degrees, zero wind, and cloudless sky !!
back home with the port - fill the tank, please?

Sister in law said her MAC did the same - took it to APPLE and they removed the battery and put it back in and OK?

Question: Can I get to the battery by the 6-8 screws on the back?

Question: If I purchase a reconditioned one - how are they able to transfer data from the one that's not working?

I do have good news/bad news on the diagnosis. In the meantime - keep those cards and letters coming - grateful for each and every prayer sent this way!

Sister in law said her MAC did the same - took it to APPLE and they removed the battery and put it back in and OK?

Question: If I purchase a reconditioned one - how are they able to transfer data from the one that's not working?

I do have good news/bad news on the diagnosis. In the meantime - keep those cards and letters coming - grateful for each and every prayer sent this way!
Yes, you can access the battery. The screws, however, are "special" torx screws, or pentalobe screws, I forget which.
If your drive is encrypted like Apple tries to get you to do, the data is non-recoverable. "If" you used the Apple Time Machine backups, you can use those to put most everything back on a replacement Mac computer. If you used iCloud backups, you can use those the same way.

Gorgeous day around here today ... 72 degrees, zero wind, and cloudless sky !!
back home with the port - fill the tank, please?

Of course the prayers keep coming, and the good wishes. All you have to do is follow your doctors instructions, and try to tolerate the chemo.
Keep in mind, I (we) are grateful you are sharing with us. Don't quit!

Good evening y'all. 40° and according to the radar, raining. That should clear the remaining snow cover on my North facing front yard.

Went to the Monmouth Mall today...most of the secondary stores are gone, Jared Kushner has clearance to demolish the center of the mall and replace it with offices and apartments Only the movie theater, and two remaining department stores, (Boscovs and Macys), plus Barnes & Noble and a new whole Foods, plus a strip of secondary businesses will remain. Apparently, he has backing from the Saudi Sovereign Investment Fund.

The wife was unable to find what she was looking for and the Yankee Candle has closed. Redevelopment is a better alternative than a boarded up, empty mall just waiting to burn down. Got to meet Ron Darling and Mookie Wilson there one Sunday, while they were signing autographs. Slogan was Monmouth Mall has it all. And they did, but not no more. Decline began when Ft. Monmouth was closed. No need to go there again...At least we got in a walk.

Spent several hours running trains today. If tomorrow is rainy, I'll spend more time there in the morning.

My back order for the two Reading Cabin Cars (Caboose(s) was finally fulfilled, and they are enroute. Only pre order tat remains is the Atlas Reading Bee Line U-33-C....somewhere on the ocean since October, according to Atlas. It's been close to 3 years since the order deadline.

Noticed today, that the D&R GP38 was on the South Leg of the wye at Farmingdale, at the end of the Freehold. Wonder if they are planning on basing the engine there? Atlas has announced a model of the D&R GP38, for some time in the future.

Last I looked, Washington and Tampa Bay were tied, late in the 3rd, meanwhile, the NY Rangers were embarrassing the Jersey Snowflakes 4-0 in the 3rd. The PrimaDonna Hughes brothers were intimidated by Washington's Tom Wilson Tuesday night, and have yet to recover. These kids need to bulk up, and learn to play hockey so they can earn their salary. This is the NHL, not the NCAA or the USA Hockey development league.

Good evening all. Just made it back home. Short day today, so made some errands and stopped by an antique shop in Columbia. Found this odd looking B&O hopper:View attachment 182043
Baltimore and Ohio fans would be stunned as it's sitting on these XIX century trucks. Well it just joined my collection and the only thing i'll do to it, will be installation of Kadee couplers. Otherwise i like it😃.View attachment 182044
Full working suspension on these Central Valley made trucks.View attachment 182045View attachment 182046View attachment 182047
Nice car that's a Athearn blue box 40 ft Quad hopper Part number 1753 road numbers 532000 and 532018 The trucks you are correct Central Valley T-51 Fox trucks go for $20 a pair I believe they are metal

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 16
Well, howdy there internet peeps...Debating on having some Smirnov tonight. Except I hear he's on Ice. 🤪

I did some hobby today. The game company I demo for has a new game coming out in April. World War 2 tank on tank skirmish combat.

So, I'm getting the tank factory fired back up. This is an Italeri kit, 1:56 scale

View attachment 182048
View attachment 182049
Even good German engineering needs some rubber banding from time to time.

View attachment 182050
And it got to the paint shop. Dunkelgelb applied. Tomorrow I'll hit it with a thinned down darkish desert sand to give it a dustier tan look, then add green and brown soft edged camo stripes.

While I appreciate the German tank designs, I detest some of the camo schemes/colors they used. Dunkelgelb is one of those colors.

Panther My favorite tank of WW2 hands down. I have two unbuilt Panther models somewhere around here.

Take it to an Apple Store. They'll diagnose it for free. And they'd have the best chance of being able to transfer data off it if possible and needed. You do make backups though, right?

I'd not try and get to the battery, personally. Modern computers and their batteries are not something you want to mess around with. Poking hole in a Lithium battery can get pretty "hot" pretty quickly (like spontaneous combustion and fire -- a little version of those tesla fires you hear about)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back