Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from the lawyer office. I thought today was the end but guess what it wasn't. I was teller her I'm glad I never put my wife on the bank accounts I had before we were married, accounts going back to 1972. She tells me I need the last 5 years of all bank accounts even the ones your wife's not on. I should have got rid of those accounts long ago. That's my job tomorrow.
Swal
Rooting for you!!! Keep hanging tough.

Afternoon All,

Started out with a walk at 44F but clear skies. After breakfast I had daughters, car detailed for her birthday and tomorrow I take Dad's for his. After that I did a couple of small chores. The great news is MOH and I are flying to NM in June to ride the Cumbres and Toltec RR then drive up to the Durango and Silverton RR to do the same. I've wanted to ride them for years. It will be a 7-day trip. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dave- Great family photos. It looks like both granddaughters are ready to be pilots.

Joe- I might have given you this before but in case I didn't there is another great Pennsy signal company called D5 Dem LLC. I have 4 of their pedestal PL signals on my layout. I hooked them into the layout power buss.

Troy- Good luck convincing the wife.

Lee- Good to see you posting again.

Bill- Nice photo.

Swal- It's a damn shame what you are having to do.

Willie- Nice dog scenes.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back after 10 days in the bush with no www. stuff. got the jist of 12 pages of programming.
Goulash = browned hamburger, lots of onion, can of sliced mushrooms,(cant afford fresh ones), can of cream soup (celery or mushroom), handful or 2 of any type of pasta broken into tidbits, & any herbs, spices that are available. Throw in a dollop or 2 of HP sauce as well.
Homemade Hamburger Helper.
This unit made me wait at the xing.

Attachments

• Feb 2024.JPG
    Feb 2024.JPG
    777.1 KB · Views: 21
It might not be "good" but is it not better than a leather tunic?
Several things to consider, according to the swordswoman/stage fighter/stunt person who made the video I posted:

1. Does it affect your ability to swing your weapon correctly? Highly decorative DD cups, yeah, that totally changes what you can do to attack, parry and basically fight with your weapon.

2. Does it affect your ability to move in other ways? is the corset part flexible, and allow your sternum, breathing areas to move. If you can't run because you can't breath, that's a problem.

3. Does it add extra weight. A lot of plate armor was designed to shift some of the weight to the hips, so it wasn't all hanging off the shoulders. That will tire you out a lot faster in a fight, than having the weight displaced across various parts of the body.

4. Leather tunic isn't the the only other option. Chain or maille is flexible and doesn't add much if any weight over plate. Much preferable to a leather tunic. Boiled leather is fairly hard. I'd take it over being tired out, or not able to swing a weapon, in a fight.

5. If we're into more of a musketeer era, Porthos, D'artangnen etc... I'll take the leather tunic. Plate is useless against a musket ball. Close quarters fighting I want agility more than weight and movement restrictions.

Yes, I'm a bit of a swords and armour nerd. ;)

Yes, I'm a bit of a swords and armour nerd. ;)
I lost my good sword in the move. I've got the 5 hang on the wall look good but really pieces of junk, and one real swinger, but my really good balanced true battle long sword vanished. Had some chain mail, but out grew it before I could even use it. And I agree, quick and nimble, I am much better a fencer than a sword fighter anyway. Just enough "armor" to put off a slash. Didn't loose any of my Rapier or foils in the move (because they weren't IN the move. They had migrated to the new place years in advance.

Last edited:
I lost my good sword in the move. I've got the 5 hang on the wall look good but really pieces of junk, and one real swinger, but my really good balanced true battle long sword vanished. Had some chain mail, but out grew it before I could even use it.
Did you check for immortal scotsmen in the vicinity of your missing sword? Or Sean Connery in a peacock feathered cape?

I stopped buying the aftermarket antivirus software when Microsoft came out with their own, back in Windoze 7.
The only time I've had a problem was when Defender incorrectly flagged a Windows tweaking tool as a Trojan/malware.
I haven't bought any aftermarket antivirus software either. When I got this machine, Costco paid for two years of McAfee. When that expired, I switched to Microsoft's antivirus. I also deleted McAfee, however, McAfee left a Trojan Horse in the Registry, which caused infrequent pop-up reminders that my"subscription"had expired. Lately, their campaign is more aggressive, with pretend viruses popping up every time I opened a program, or web page. Since I edited the Registry, and removed all reference to McAfee, it stopped.

I haven't bought any aftermarket antivirus software either. When I got this machine, Costco paid for two years of McAfee. When that expired, I switched to Microsoft's antivirus. I also deleted McAfee, however, McAfee left a Trojan Horse in the Registry, which caused infrequent pop-up reminders that my"subscription"had expired. Lately, their campaign is more aggressive, with pretend viruses popping up every time I opened a program, or web page. Since I edited the Registry, and removed all reference to McAfee, it stopped.
This program pretty much wipes out everything in the registry for anything you uninstall usimng the program. I use the free version, which is all probably 90+% of computer users need.

I just got back from the lawyer office. I thought today was the end but guess what it wasn't. I was teller her I'm glad I never put my wife on the bank accounts I had before we were married, accounts going back to 1972. She tells me I need the last 5 years of all bank accounts even the ones your wife's not on. I should have got rid of those accounts long ago. That's my job tomorrow.
Swal
George: it's not pleasant, and you are the one that has the burden of proof. I understand what you are going through, it's not pleasant.

Joe- I might have given you this before but in case I didn't there is another great Pennsy signal company called D5 Dem LLC. I have 4 of their pedestal PL signals on my layout. I hooked them into the layout power buss.
Thanks Curt, I'll check them out also.

Speaking of Pennsy, today, I "found" a box of Blue Box engines, some painted for railroads, others completely undecorated. Two GPs one built as a Passenger GP7, the other a freight GP9, hand painted DGLE and lettered with Walthers Decals. Metal turck sides, purchased in the mid 1970s from Sal Marino in Staten Island. Have to set up a DC loop and see if they still run. Also a Athearn PA1 in a bad Tuscan Red factory paint job, 2 B&O RDCs, and two Rivarossi E8 A dummy units, plus a Hobbytown drive, from the late 80s / early 90s. Wonder if they run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back