Running Bear's November 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're into the "silly" time of weather here! It's 40 degrees with a high of 88 forecast for the high -- so, it's furry boots and ski parkas until noon and then sandals, shorts, and halters for the afternoon.

Louis - forgot to mention the great family photo! The monster on the left is the one to be afraid of. She has the ability to make mincemeat out of the other three! LOL!

Good afternoon, everybody ....

Louis .... Looks like was a fun Halloween for your family.

Terry .... Does not sound like fun for you.

Louis and Willie .... Yes, eye protection should be used when using tools...... even hand tools.

Here are some of the trains I was running last evening.... The ore train has an F3 ABBA. It is being passed by a mixed freight train with SD24;s.

45674631191_75503e0694_k.jpg

Afternoon All,

Spent the day painting 6 doors and associated trim. I'm beat after that. Tomorrow heading over to Patrick AFB (90 minute drive) to do some pre-Christmas shopping. Sunday MOH is baking cookies with the grandkids so hopefully I can get to the train room Sunday. Monday morning I have my annual checkup at the VA.

Louis- Sounds like Richard is a great guy. Great family photo.

Willie- Good luck with the motor.

Garry- Awesome layout photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Garry: Great action photo. I see the Sykesville MD Depot has made an appearance on your layout also :)

Wow, I knew the weather was intense last night, but woah!
Louis??
Driving into work this morning I was surprised by the amount of cars that had either left the road and we're in a ditch or were parked haphazardly in a field or on somebody's front yard. The girlfriend , her son, and I were watching a movie last night and never heard anything except for some really hard rain hitting the house.
Really let's be careful out there.

Good Morning All. 48° and clear as can be out there this morning. Beautiful day yesterday with another one today. Rain is in and out of the ten day forecast more often than Australia is shuffling Prime Ministers. Yesterday, I resumed work on the latest bathroom remodel since it was dry enough to set up the sawhorses again. The whole wall project will require 225+ pieces of board to be cut, I mis-cut one yesterday and bent two nails, so I called it a day. No bulk cutting because this is an older house and every board is a different length. The ground is still too soft for the mower, but I did run the weedeater a bit yesterday. Maybe I can mow before the predicted rain tonight.
Out in the train shed I finally got that rehab Dash8-40CW reassembled but not before I dropped a screw which I never found. I had to pull the shell off my other one to see that I had two nylon inserts in wrong, which was negatively affecting reassembly. It now runs in the correct direction. As I posted yesterday, this Bachmann Spectrum model was purchased as a supposedly "new" model at a train show about 15 years ago, but sat on my shelf for a few years before being run. I had disassembled the old layout and was building the train shed at the time of purchase. It always ran backward in relation to other engines so it got set aside until this week. I checked my maintenance records and I never had even disassembled it before, but there was definite evidence that it had been taken apart and worked on by someone else as opposed to being mis-assembled at the factory. In addition to the motor being in upside down, the engineer figure was glued together (badly) in two places and at least two other parts were broken. Today I will resume the fence project which is nearing completion. I'm still spending too much time running trains though so progress may still be slow.

Joe - You're right about all of the Spanish speaking people celebrating Dia de Muertos. I failed to mention that the Salvadorians and Hondurans that I worked with also celebrated. We dared not to ask any of them to work overtime on that day since they all had evening plans. I have never left the house on Black Friday, even though it was always a paid holiday for me! I also noted the Christmas stuff at HD over a week ago.
Sherrel -
...and then sandals, shorts, and halters for the afternoon.
Not too sure that I want to see you in a halter!
Garry - Great photo. It almost looks like the F3's and SD24's are drag racing like the semis in Terry's video last week.
Your comment last week regarding running five trains at once reminded me that we haven't heard from Bruce (New Guy) in a while. I wonder what's up with him. He was contemplating rebuilding the last time that we heard from him.
Terry - That is indeed bad news out of Baltimore, I'm with you in wondering whether Louis was involved.
Chet - NASCAR is just down the road from me this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Even though I'm not going, from my house I can make a left, a right and another left turn and I am there in less than 45 minutes (30 miles), at the back entrance. When the military does flyovers, they stage (slow wide turns at low altitude levels) over my house for the approach. They make some practice runs for about an hour before they do the actual flyover. I have pictures (fuzzy) from past years. I no longer get free tickets from vendors though.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning, everybody .....

Curt, Toot, Boris, Willie, and others I missed. ...... Thanks for commenting on my photo. The Atlas SD24's have Tsunami sound simulating EMD turbo chargers. .... The F3's are Proto 1000 models which I do not run very often. Today, the F3's are at the engine house, and a Walthers F7 ABA set with sound is hauling the ore train .

Louis .... I saw the new Terry posted about the Amazon warehouse in Baltimore, and I hope you are okay.

Good Morning - same (almost) as yesterday - 45 going to 88 again with a clear sky.

LOUIS - I hope you took the day off as you said you were going too? You may be off for longer than that - someones "stuff" is going to be late getting delivered too!

Willie - staying away from the halter! (although I now have "things" to put in one)

Managed to really sprain my back some way that I am not aware of? Either moving and loading the table .. or that sliding glass door of the neighbors. Gonna interfere with my plans for today.

Hey Everybody,

I only heard about the tradgedy at Amazon a little bit ago when my daughter called. I'm fine, but others were not so lucky. I hope they are in good standing with God.

I'm sorry to have caused any concern. I've been piddling around the house doing odd chores and listen to music or watching TV, OnDemand or the DVR. I had planned to work today, but I woke up not feeling so great and deicide to take another day off.

I've been avoiding the political/partisian news. Each side has beat the dead horse so much that there can't be any remains. Why can't we open our minds listen to each other? Why does everybody get so angry at the mention of an opposing view?

When I first started with Amazon that was the fulfillment center (BWI5) I worked out of. The yellow poles protect the gate house we use to pass by.

About 2 years ago Amazon moved us to Linthicum, MD (DBA1) and recently we moved again to Friendship, MD. Just north of the Baltimore Washington International Airport. Amazon has expanded so much it unreal.

I only live 5 miles from where the wall collapsed. I did not hear a thing from the storm. I did not even know it was raining until I let the dogs out. I guess I live in the proverbial "brick shit house"

Sorry again for not checking in sooner.

[QUOTE="PRR Modeler, post: 443439, member: 5289"

Louis- Sounds like Richard is a great guy. Great family photo.

[/QUOTE]

Curt, Richard is truly amazing.

Thank you.

Louis .... Looks like was a fun Halloween for your family.

We had a blast! My grandsons went trick or treating over to my oldest daughters neighborhood. My youngest grandson came home with over 7lbs of candy. When I went to pick him up afterwards I was amazed at how many were on the streets, literally hundreds and it was 8pm! Almost every house was giving out candy. There are some advantages to living in row houses.

Louis - You are a great person - telling the super that he was your son is funny! Only 147 days to go - I love it!

Sherrel,
you are too kind. It's easy to be nice to those who are nice to us. The challenge is to be nice to strangers or even harder, people we don't like. I'm working on it.

I miss baseball.

Good to hear you're OK Louis

Sherrel, I too get these bad backs at times, mostly occurs when the muscles are cold or have been inactive (sitting down etc) and you move in a twisting motion. That sliding door is a likely culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back