Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

Greatest rock & roll band?? Sorry Curt, ANYBODY but Led Zeppelin. 1979-80 I was working in a dealership (the same one I'm at now, long story there) and heard Stairway to Heaven every hour, on the hour, to the point I got sick of it. Ironically, after many years of being Anti-Zeppelin, Robert Plant's "Now and Zen" album became one of my favorites.

Louis I likes Rainbow too, but my favorite tracks were laid down with Graham Bonnet as lead singer. Joe Lyn Turner sounded to much like the guy from Foreigner, and Dio was ok, but not the performer the Graham Bonnet was.

My older sisters started me on their stuff. One was into Peter, Paul and Mary,and Simon & Garfunkel. The other into The Jefferson Airplane and Alice Cooper. I think the 1st album that was mine was "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell".

Greatest Rock & Roll band? Mick & the Stones.

Got some of the OPTs done today. They were Guilford units, now B&O. The B&O never had any, but the man writing the check wants them, so he gets them!

13921077_899464560164009_6037991824504289609_n.jpg

Oh, and they have QSI sound. Sorry in advance for the earth tremors. Cell phone video.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/karl.bond.7/videos/899486540161811/[/video]

SWMBO bought a new gas grill today, they brought it out all assembled and put it in the truck. We took the gas cylinder off the old grill, put it on the new grill, and no joy. no flame, no smell, nothing. grease cup missing, manuals missing, some other small parts missing. SWMBO then calls Home Desperate and lights them up like a new grill! Tomorrow we go back. :rolleyes:

Karl I know how you feel about Led Zeppelin. John Bonham died in 1980 and the radio played Led Zeppelin's hits to death for me to. If you dig deep into their albums there are many good songs that the radio did not kill.

As for Rainbow I liked the LP "Down to Earth" with Bonnet. I liked all the incarnations of Rainbow Richie Blackmore is one of the best.

Here is my favorite Rainbow song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQydv8l2hlY

Alice Cooper is another one of my favorites! My first LP of his was "Billion Dollar Babies" or "Welcome to my Nightmare" I can't be sure.

The Stones are great as well, I like their older and darker stuff most of all, stuff like "Gimme Shelter"

That locomotive has some impressive sound! Regardless of the shaking its a great video! Is the sound really that loud? I love it!

I can't hear so good, maybe I was front row for Motorhead a few too many times.

Good morning Everybody!

Its 86 with 68% humidity making it feel like 93 here in southeast Baltimore at 4:13AM!!. Thank God for Air-conditioning!

I have to get my Baseball equipment put away. Yesterday it was too hot to mess with it. I came home and put a pork roast on the Weber Kettle and went back inside until it was done. I was done after baseball!

I'm dragging my family with me to see Star Trek movie today before it leaves the theaters. I missed it in Imax. I'd like to see it in Imax but my son told me we would have to drive to DC to see it, forget that!

Have a great day Everybody!

Alice Cooper is another one of my favorites! My first LP of his was "Billion Dollar Babies" or "Welcome to my Nightmare" I can't be sure.
Apropos of absolutely nothing, I just saw a movie, starring Danny Bonaduce, where Alice Cooper got his head bitten off by a giant sasquatch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I just saw a movie, starring Danny Bonaduce, where Alice Cooper got his head bitten off by a giant sasquatch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I had to laugh out load when I read that!!! You know something is really funny when you are sitting all alone before dawn and you laugh out load! I woke up my Beagles!

CURT- To early to call, .Hope you see this before 9 a.m. TRACKS AHEAD on WEFS. Something about PENNSY in eastern PA.

IT's 75 and the noise is dawn cracking. Will be hot & humid with scattered rain followed by T/S.

Wish y'all a beautiful day.
Phil

Good Morning Fellow Modelers. Only 71° with clear skies. Weather forecast for the next ten days calls for highs in the upper 80's!!! This is October weather for us. I was outside earlier watching what was left of the Perseids meteor shower which has been behind clouds for the last few days. Not too spectacular this year. Yesterday modeling-wise, I spread more ground cover and repaired a few cars that have been on the RIP track for one reason or another, mostly broken McHenry couplers that I hadn't already replaced. Man, what a burn those things were!
Speaking of music, my first two albums were Led Zeppelin I and Moody Blues "Threshold of a Dream". Parents liked one but not the other...Guess which was which. I am still mostly partial to the Rolling Stones of that era, "Beggars Banquet", "Let it Bleed", "Sticky Finger's"...the ones that Keith still remembers recording! LZ simply got overplayed around here. I have 45,000+ songs on my iPod (that's all that would fit) 95% are Rock & Roll. Another 10,000 on the computer that don't fit!
Eric - Regarding Summer Olympics being in Rio during their winter, I have been amused by that as well. Truth is that they are closer to the Equator on the south side than Miami is on the north side. I also agree about the volleyball uniforms.
Karl - Nice looking engines, cool video as well. The train one, the other video was awesome.
Won't get much time in the train shed today, I will mow for a while before Mass, and after lunch/nap I am going to Dallas to party with my son-in-laws parents from Pittsburgh. They arrived Friday when Dallas had a record high temperature of 107°; what a welcome!
Everyone have a great Sunday.

Willie
[h=1][/h]

Good morning. It's clear and 79.
Karl, I guess your customer likes B&O, QSI, and SD26s...

I have a GP20 that has the same curved roof and sloping nose treatment. I wonder if EMD decided to change the later roofs to the angular type to make them more clearly identifiable from Alco's RSD's, or whether it was just 'cause they were easier to make.

I have a GP20 that has the same curved roof and sloping nose treatment. I wonder if EMD decided to change the later roofs to the angular type to make them more clearly identifiable from Alco's RSD's, or whether it was just 'cause they were easier to make.
The Spartan cab was easier to build. No curves, and gave the engines a clean, angular, modern look.

The Spartan cab was easier to build. No curves, and gave the engines a clean, angular, modern look.

Thought that would be it. Cheaper too, cutting and forming edges to attach the front and rear cab panels to the roof, along with the rolling of the roof itself would be labor intensive.

Hey Louis, I have that same Rainbow album!!
I also have 13 Alice Cooper records. He's very active today!!

Anyone remember any of these: Montrose; Nazareth; Head East; Little Feet.
Could probably throw in some Molly Hatchet or Pat Travers.
E.

Hey Louis, I have that same Rainbow album!!
I also have 13 Alice Cooper records. He's very active today!!

Anyone remember any of these: Montrose; Nazareth; Head East; Little Feet.
Could probably throw in some Molly Hatchet or Pat Travers.
E.
Remember them all. Saw Montrose once at the Cotton Bowl with Sammy Hagar on vocals at the time. They opened a show featuring Trapeze, The Eagles and Rolling Stones. All for $8. Saw Little Feat many times, as well as Alice Cooper, Nazareth and Molly Hatchet. Have most of their music as well. Alas, I only have 12 Alice Cooper albums, so you got me outnumbered. All of the above helped contribute to me being 40% deaf in both ears now.

Willie

Good morning folks.

It's cool and sunny this morning. A little taste of the weather coming up for late summer/early fall! Love this weather, especially after August humidity.

I finally went back in the train room the other day. I actually enjoyed it this time. I think it's because I'm giving up my other hobby, (drinking) and know that I'll need something to occupy my time. Who knew that trains would play such a part in my life? Thank God I already have it waiting for me.

I've been reading the forums lately but just hadn't had anything to add. Knowing my reinsertion to the hobby, I look forward to chatting with you guys again.

That's all I know for now. Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember them all. Saw Montrose once at the Cotton Bowl with Sammy Hagar on vocals at the time. They opened a show featuring Trapeze, The Eagles and Rolling Stones. All for $8. Saw Little Feat many times, as well as Alice Cooper, Nazareth and Molly Hatchet. Have most of their music as well. Alas, I only have 12 Alice Cooper albums, so you got me outnumbered. All of the above helped contribute to me being 40% deaf in both ears now.

Willie

And just when they decided to put sound in model locos eh :( Eh, eh what???

Good morning folks.

It's cool and sunny this morning. A little taste of the weather coming up for late summer/early fall! Love this weather, especially after August humidity.

I finally went back in the train room the other day. I actually enjoyed it this time. I think it's because I'm giving up my other hobby, (drinking) and know that I'll need something to occupy my time. Who knew that trains would play such a part in my life? Thank God I already have it waiting for me.

I've been reading the forums lately but just hadn't had anything to add. Knowing my reinsertion to the hobby, I look forward to chatting with you guys again.

That's all I know for now. Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are the MAN!!! Congratulations on your life style change, I am proud of you my friend!

Trains are great therapy, they pulled me out of my one and only bout with depression.

You always have something to Contribute Corey, even if it is just to say hello, we are always glad to hear from you.

Good Morning Y'all. 92° sunny and humid. maybe some rain later.

My favorite album of all time is Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited. I have owned it in every medium, Vinyl, 8 track, Cassette, and CD, and play it frequently as a break from my obsession with Western Swing.

My wife found this cartoon, a day after my latest property tax bill.
13872688_1103795536356798_5258027026531974023_n.jpg
I think all homeowners, can identify with this. BTW, because of the new Market Value based annual reassessment, my property taxes have dropped, for the first time in 30 years. However, those with the big ticket houses are screaming...Oh well, they can afford it...:rolleyes:.

The new carpeting in our Master bedroom is in and looks great. Wife is very happy. Now I have to re-install the closet bi-folds. hopefully, they will fit without trimming. may need some new hardware though.
I also need to trim my lawn, although, I'm sort of waiting until it cools off a bit. Its not exactly dormant, but if I cut it now, it will burn again. The upcoming week will be busy.
Today, I'm on a starvation regimen, I have a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow. the ""fun" with the cleansing potion comes later to day. :(.

Garry: Your experience really makes one appreciate life. Continue to take care of yourself.
Louis: Southern Rock has a different appeal than say metal or Zeppelin.

Good afternoon. 90*F with a heat index of 99 here in central MD.

I had a long-worded post all typed up in Notepad yesterday but got distracted and never got around to pasting it in and submitting it; now it would be totally irrelevant, oh well. I used yesterday's crappy weather as an excuse to stay in the trainroom and repair one of my color-position-light (CPL) signals. I discovered during Thursday's op session that the yellow LED wasn't working. I have a number of leftover signal masts as spares, so I grabbed one, tested it with a 9V battery, and spent ~1 hour crouching under the bechwork to strip the wires and solder on the replacement. Went to test it after installation and...it was lopsided!? Tried to twist the disk into alignment, but wound up tearing the wire to the red LEDs.:mad: Curse, uninstall, repeat with another mast.

I listened to most of the rock bands listed above, never had an absolute favorite. But I had a pretty sizeable collection of LPs which I lost track of when I started raising a family.

Hoping I can get some quality time in the trainroom again this afternoon, after I run a few errands - hopefully they won't take that too long.

Corey, welcome back and glad to hear you're setting aside the booze. I haven't had any for the past 33 years, thanks be to God, and I shudder to imagine where I might have otherwise ended up. The money you would have spent on booze can now be added to your mrr budget.

Later y'all

[EDIT] Joe I just read your post; about the impending procedure, I feel [or should I say recently felt] your pain! Hopefully the results will be normal...

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon All,

We had a storm cell last night go through and afterwards I noticed a large tree branch was partially broken (still attached) which is good because it would of landed on my truck. So this morning my son and I cut it down and cut it up. The air is like a sauna today. I put the signs on the layout a little bit ago. The picture is of 1 of 4 in the area to keep out the plastic people coal thieves!

CA Dave- Good luck. Fingers crossed. Maybe the button connection is bad?

Louis- I guess music is a generational thing. When I ride in my sons car his music wants me to slam my forehead into the dash!

Karl- Nice looking locos.

Phil- I missed it. I was outside. Thanks for trying.

Corey- Good to hear from you. We stopped drinking here years ago because of my sons drinking issues.

Joe- That cartoon says it all. Good luck with your procedure.

Ken- I truly feel your pain with the signals.

20160814_142419_zpsryj7lufp.jpg

I hope everybody has a good night.

Back