Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Mornin all.

Nice day today, going to get some 'stuff' from the auction man and see what is up with that. Not too worried over the wire issue I'm sure there is a more robust connection that can be made.

Bonus is I get to see my sis AND my good bud from 1st grade today!

The hour makes the difference between having kids hit by busses in the dark or in the morning light, the drivers need the light to avoid hitting the kids! Cause kids do not look!

Good morning. I can smell the coffee. Time to get a cup. 57.gif

The Accuweather app on my phone is forecasting a winter storm warning. Good thing I have my winter tires in the trunk. Time to hit the tire shop. Should have got them on weeks ago but the weather has been fairly mile lately compared to normal.

May as well post a quick picture. Here's my little GE switcher headed down to the scrap yard to drop off an empty Gondola.

IMAG0539.jpg

Good Morning group. It's 52° and overcast, with a touch of fog this morning.

No joy among Mets fans this morning, as the Amazins again lived up to their unpredictability by forgetting their baseball skills. As they used to say, in Brooklyn, Wait until next year....

David: For what it's worth, Railroads used to remain on Standard time year round until 1967. Since then Railroad time changes twice a year. I think it was a change in Federal Law.

Chet: Nice scene with the critter. Get the tires mounted, the weather people may be right...

Good morning all, we have 44 and cloudy. Supposed to see some sun today, however, and hit 60's on Wednesday.

Nice photos, all...

I was putting together a Proto 2000 covered hopper part of the weekend, photos will go up later...

oops, I better get to work

Been raining like hell here since pretty much all night.
Flood watches are out for the entire metro area.
It's all suppose to scatter and breakup later in the day and through the night.

Maybe I'll do some scenery wrapping up work on the project from hell. ;)\
E

Someone needs to inform the server operators/admins here that their server time needs fixing.
E.

That might be so. Perhaps they aren't localizing time based on the member.

Got your medical issues under control? You worry me man, we are getting to the age you can't just ignore stuff and hope it will pass.

p.s. The Mountain is looking Great! I thought I was making progress but I've seen what you been doing all summer and the 'fundamental transformation' from last spring has been fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got your medical issues under control? You worry me man, we are getting to the age you can't just ignore stuff and hope it will pass.

Negative. Neighbor once pointed out to me one some nearby "doc-in-the-box"/urgent care type place. $40 to walk-in regardless of the nature of your "business". I may get him to run me over there when I have the money. Except for food, no money is being spent anymore - especially and including beers and train stuff.

Negative. Neighbor once pointed out to me one some nearby "doc-in-the-box"/urgent care type place. $40 to walk-in regardless of the nature of your "business". I may get him to run me over there when I have the money. Except for food, no money is being spent anymore - especially and including beers and train stuff.

I know the feeling, I'm 'broke' again now also, the trip with 'Das Boy' ate up the last of the card money.

Got the winter tires on, and looking at the mess headed my way on the radar, probably got the job done just in time.

Not really wanting winter quite yet.

Jamesburg NJ 10-31-2015.jpg

Finished our monthly trip to the Warehouse to replace depleted provisions - sounds serious, eh? Gas was going for $1.75/gallon, but I didn't need any in the car we brought. The other car needs gas though so I have to go back. Regular varies by $0.25/ gallon from station to station, for essentially the same commodity.

Have to run out to the local Lowes, so I may stop for gas then. They are only a block or so apart.

I plan on moving some stuff around in the train room so I can finish the floor. If all goes well, I can start assembling my modules in the train room by the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we got up to 44 degrees this afternoon and it liiks like the weather is moving in. Radar shows a mess coming up out of Idaho.

Here's a picture for the Crazy mountains taken just east of Big Timber, MT.

CrazyMountains.jpg

Hmmm, gas @ $1.75 gall, think I'll drive over too. Here it's been as low as $1.14, but then that's per litre (4 ltrs = US gallon).

Got the winter tires on, and looking at the mess headed my way on the radar, probably got the job done just in time.

Not really wanting winter quite yet.

Timing is everything! I met the 'auction guy' at the right moment, he was heading to an auction. You whip out cash money a few hours before an auction and stuff comes FLYING outa the boxes!
WIN_20151102_153422.JPG For less than a hundred bucks I got 25 pieces of new flex, a couple dozen sectional straights, a FEW dozen pieces of sectional 18"'s (WOO HOO!)

7 turnouts, three bridges and assorted fallderall, some cork roadbed, AND 16 rollers, not too shabby!

Back