Good Bye My Friend, See You on the Other Side.

Bruette

I started this thread because I know not everyone visit's the coffee shop.

We lost a great friend, a great modeler and an all around great man today. He was and always be an inspiration to us all.

This was posted in the Coffee Shop:
"Jeffrey past away this morning on December 15, 2014. please light a candle for Jeffrey so he can have a light for his safe journey. If you want to send card or flowers you can send it to this address 142 cableloop, Leesville, la 71446

Thank you, little sister"

I am deeply saddened and I will miss him greatly.

Louis

That's really too bad. Jeffrey always added a lot to the Coffee Shop .. Not to mention his family's antics as well.
I was afraid that not hearing from him for such a long time meant that nothing good was happening.

I started this thread because I know not everyone visit's the coffee shop.

We lost a great friend, a great modeler and an all around great man today. He was and always be an inspiration to us all.
Jeff Wimberly? I just realized I didn't even know where the coffee shop is. But I found it! But it just says "Jeffery" too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also didn't visit the Coffee Shop too often either; however on those occasions that I did, Jefferey was always there. I never knew that he was ill so this is a shock, to say the least.

My condolences go out to his family and friends and all who knew him. This is so very sad.

It's always difficult to hear of the passing of a friend. Rest assured that he can return to his Father now. I know he feels like he's won the lottery. Good thoughts and a prayer.

Condolences to the family. Jeffery was always in here in the morning and enjoyed his posts. He will be missed.

He is in a better place now.

Jeff will be missed, he always helped out lots of people here.

Now he is enjoying the biggest and coolest layout you could ever imagine.

My heart is deeply saddened by this....I'm sure that he's blast with all those steamers and 1st generation diesels!

R. I. P. my friend!

This is very sad. I knew Jeffrey from the time I started in the hobby back in 2001 and he was always around in many different sites. A great loss.

Jeffrey was the first person to answer my questions since I join this forum.
Realy sad to read this.

Regards from the other side of the globe.

Jeffrey was an erudite, polite, and helpful participant in all the forums in which he played a role of any type. He even ran his own forum. He had a long history with modeling, claiming to me privately that he was not too shabby quite a few years before he was beset by illness and lost the ability to work for a living. As his health deteriorated, and it did so in an agonizing way over the past ten years, cruelly almost, he bounced back numerous times to show us that indomitable spirit many of us can only hope to have in the same adversity. He was a gentleman, and he made a great number of friends.

Rest easy, Sir.

Rarely have I known someone who did so much with so little. He was an inspiration to many and was proof that you don't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy this hobby. He was very knowledgeable with trains and computers and I'm sure much more. Things will not be the same here and on other forums..................he will be missed by all. RIP, Jeffrey.

I did not know Jeffery but from what I read he must have been a great family man and friend I am truly sorry for your loss.

There's nothing I can possibly say about Jeff that hasn't already been said on here, other than he probably touched a lot more peoples' lives than he may have known. At least he's in a much better place now.

Wow, I'm stunned.
I don't get onto the forums as much as I used to, much less into the coffee shop thread, so I didn't know how he was doing. I feel as tho we've all lost a close friend even tho many of us have never met him personally, Jeffery was a huge part of this community.
Actually I've made many good friends here, some in person and some only thru the keypad.
Thanx to you all for being part of my life.
RIP Dr. Frankendiesel!

R.I.P. Jeffrey. You will be dearly missed here and on the many other forums you participated in.

Oh what sad news. Like so many others I was wondering why he wasn't here as frequently as he used to be and then pretty much not here at all. I seldom would browse the coffee shop forum but when I would it was always fun to get the weather report from Louisiana. His layout work with such limited resources was always inspiring.

May the Great Spirit welcome you home.

You guys are the best!

Even without our Jeffery this is still the best forum because of all of you, but it will never be as eclectic as it was with Jeffery.

Back