SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Hello Johne,

Not sure what exactly do you mean, but if it is to export the track plan, use "File" > "Export" menu command. If you want to see just the tracks from a given layout project, double click somewhere over the route to select it and then copy and paste the tracks in a new SCARM project.

Mixy

Hello Johne,

If you want to remove the track plan from SCARM project, double click somewhere over the track route to select all the tracks and then just press Del key. All other figures and objects will remain.
If it is up to hide the tracks temporarily, you can move them to a different layer and then show/hide it.

Mixy

Here are the lists with SCARM railroad blog posts for October and November.

See also the recently published Virtual HO-Scale railcars with military vehicles, which are suitable for representing military trains for those, who are creating layouts with military bases.

SCARM_Virtual_Military_Model_Train-3D_1-500x275.jpg

Mixy

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the only post in SCARM Railroad Modeling Blog for January:

Reset SCARM Settings to Defaults

Use the method, described above if you want to revert to default settings and/or if you have troubles when starting the program - resetting can be of help.

Now I am finishing and testing some new features in SCARM and the next version with many new and updated track libraries will be released soon, I hope :)

Mixy

Mixy, I just finished my first, very simple, design. It would be handy to have a "free-draw" utility, so that we can depict at least the footprints of structures (such as a roundhouse) that can't otherwise be shown.

Oh crap!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I download the latest version of JMRI, will I lose all the info I have programmed in for my locomotive fleet? I would hate to have to start from scratch.

I don't know, I am not familiar with JMRI.

And for the SCARM users, here are the SCARM Railroad Blog posts for March and April.

The next version of the program is on the the way, so check the SCARM website regularly :)

Mixy

If I download the latest version of JMRI, will I lose all the info I have programmed in for my locomotive fleet? I would hate to have to start from scratch.

You should be fine (barring a bug in the JMRI install) but to be safe you can always backup your current roster first.

Hi Mixy

I'm trying to design a small narrow gauge layout using Peco's OO9 track. The minimum set track radius seems to be 9 inches ( Part ST-412 ). I want to join flexi track to it at the same radius, but the flexi won't bend down to 9 inch radius. Is there a setting in the track library file I can adjust to reduce the minimum curve of the flexi, or is this something dictated by the program?

Back