Atlas Genset Pics

I'm sure everyone is going to find the same thing as me about their Gensets & Genesis not being a great puller that they should be. Someone w/standard cars(no weights added) will probably do well w/a few cars. Tomorrow I'm going to run all of my new Genesis engines & my 1 Genset & record what they will & won't pull & record it. I might even put it on my YouTube acct.

I don't know... these engines are lemons just like the prototype so I don't know if Atlas will even consider downsizing them :D

I don't know... these engines are lemons just like the prototype so I don't know if Atlas will even consider downsizing them :D

you have to remember that they have to start with a large model
to work out all the mistakes before making them in the
Normal scale!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean Nincompoop scale :D

N scale is too small for me. As if HO didn't have small parts already!

N usually doesn't have scale handrails or scale wire grabs. I'll stick to HO ;)

Well, I did an extensive test on the Athearn Genesis & the Atlas Genset today.
Worked almost 2 hrs. adding cars, taking off cars, backing up, going forward, etc, etc.
Tomorrow I'll put up my findings on this page & we can talk about it. I worked part of the day making movies for YouTube & that was more important than writing a Novel about a test. LOL

OK, started to detail my 2 undecorated GenSets tonight. Found another interesting problem that I haven't seen anyone else mention.

101_0998.jpg

The unit on the right is stock, the unit on the left I have started on. Notice that the MU receptacles under the pilot are cut off in half??? Another production opps!!! I'll be replacing them with DW receptacles. Can anyone with a painted version verify this on theirs for me??

Michael, thank you for the info. Here's what I did to mine today to fix that problem.

101_1000.jpg

And here's a shot with the added on details. Still not sure which A/C unit I want on top though.

101_1001.jpg

Dang Jerome, that looks really good! Now can you do mine like that for me? Ahh perfect. Now you got me all riled up, gonna have to add details.

Can you tell me what parts you used?

Michael, LOL well I do like to dress them up a bit. the parts are as follows.....

Details West.

GPS Dome 235-320
MU cables w/receptacles 235-236
MU hoses 235-266
3 chime horn 235-254

Detail Associates

Sinclair Antenna 229-1803

Plano

Lift Rings 565-14651

A-Line Sunshades 116-29210

Is yours a Swoosh paint job???

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang Jerome, that looks really good! Now can you do mine like that for me? Ahh perfect. Now you got me all riled up, gonna have to add details.

Can you tell me what parts you used?

When you're done with his, would you do mine too, please? :D

Can someone take a shot of the handbrake area on their painted version please? I have 1 1/2 holes in the box under the actual handbrake. Just wondering if this is meant to be like that or am I missing something.

100_1069.jpg

I can take the pic later today but in the mean time if you go to my photobucket you can view the high res images of these 2. Might be enough detail to answer your ques.
GensetWithGP40.png

GensetPassing.png

Back