Your Other Hobbies

Jim68Cuda: I like your models of Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge!!!!

I also am a Mopar nut (don't currently own one) and I am waiting for the right opportunity as I want a couple of different vehicles, a '67 Charger, a 1970 Dodge A100 pickup and a '57 Plymouth Fury. The model railroad is cheaper than the cars right now and I am not able to work on the vehicles as I could when I was younger.

Thanks! I hope you find your choice of Mopars. The A-100 pickup is going to be a difficult one to find. I think this one is still for sale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb5WeLBJlCU
Meanwhile, you'll probably need to get by with a 1/87 scale A-100 van from Brekina.

The 57 Fury is going to be a very expensive one when you find it. For now you may need to settle on a Woodland Scenics "Rusty's Regret" 57 Plymouth.

67 Chargers are alot more affordable and plentiful. You should be able to find one and make a 1/87 scale duplicate of it for your layout with a 67 Charger from Classic Metalworks.
The 67 Charger has one of the coolest interiors of the muscle car era with bucket seats front and back and the electro-luminescent dash. On the out side theres the hidden headlight grille and full width tail lights. Its a great choice. I have several friends who own 67 Chargers. One, a relative of Richard Petty's, has been discussing the possibility of selling his 67 Charger. He recently moved from Virginia to Kentucky, and I believe the car is now in Kentucky. The car is red, and I believe it currently has a 440 under the hood, but its not an original 440 car.

I build and repair computers. I have an interest in photography. Golf, although I haven't played in a while. I collect knives. Metal working(machinist by trade). Allen

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be into Cars, especially my 87' camaro:
DSC01046.png

I injured my back a few years ago and my wife went through a hip replacement which meant getting into and out of a low car wasn't practical any more. I still have it, but haven't really driven it in a couple years and it's now for sale.

Now my other hobby is a bit of trail mountain biking. Living in British Columbia means there's no shortage of decent trail rides to take. I'm sure Zoegraf can agree. Here's My blazer loaded up on the day my Wife and I were exploring the Former Kettle Valley Sub of the CPR
pics001.png

I've also been know to build the odd 1/25 scale car now and then:
Modelcase1.jpg

my cross to bear is a 71 MGB. Fortunately I have four quarter horses to get me around the tree farm. I also weave tapestry rugs.

The motto here is "Never drive it further than you're willing to push it."

As well as HO Model trains, I would say one of my hobbies is the History of the proto-types and in particular for me: The Northern Pacific and locally, here in Northern Minnesota: "The Red River Lumber Comany", which I've just recently started to delve into. I also build and fly R/C Model Airplanes and am a sailor with a sailboat on Leech Lake in Northern Minnesota, I dabble with Astronomy and am a World War One Aviation history buff and build WW1 airplanes to fly with R/C and build plastic WW1 Aeroplanes for display in 1/48th and 1/32nd.

I am a builder of models, not a purchaser of ready to run; or, pre built, almost built models! From my perspective, I do not care for the direction the modeling hobbies have taken in the last 15-20 years!

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be into Cars, especially my 87' camaro:
DSC01046.png

I injured my back a few years ago and my wife went through a hip replacement which meant getting into and out of a low car wasn't practical any more. I still have it, but haven't really driven it in a couple years and it's now for sale.

Now my other hobby is a bit of trail mountain biking. Living in British Columbia means there's no shortage of decent trail rides to take. I'm sure Zoegraf can agree. Here's My blazer loaded up on the day my Wife and I were exploring the Former Kettle Valley Sub of the CPR
pics001.png

I've also been know to build the odd 1/25 scale car now and then:
Modelcase1.jpg

Is that a Stingray on the top shelf to the right?

Is that a Stingray on the top shelf to the right?

(you mean left, right) Actually it's a 69' Baldwin/Motion Corvette. Beside it is my wife's 67' 427 corvette convertible that I built her for her brithday when we were dating many moons ago. Both have full wiring and plumbing under the hood, photo etched metal detail sets and custom paint.

I would doubt that any lakes anywhere were named by realestate developers! Although named Leech lake, the leeches in the lake cause no problems and there are no more than I've seen in any other lake in the area. They can be fairly big; but, apparently are not interested in sucking blood like your common bait leeches are. Actually Leech is a beautiful lake with over 600 miles of lightly developed shoreline.

I used to consider my Paramedic career a hobby, but after 22 years of pulling drunks out of cars, I find myself scuba and cave diving when I have the extra funds - which are shrinking in this economy. Now I find myself listening to old fart music from the 70's; reliving my childhood memories while tinkering with trains.

My other hobby is just as expensive as this one, if not more. I have been involved with horses since about the time I started with MRR'ing around 8 years old. I currently have 3 and had as many as 11 at one time. I have never boarded my horses out, have always had an acreage so they can live with me. I was into buying and selling for a few years, and did the rodeo circuit right out of high school, but the 3 I have now are just trail horses, and one I like to rope off of every now n then.

Having an acreage is nice cause I have lots of room for when I wanna go "Tooter style" haha

Back