WPF November 12th-

Since I haven't posted pics in a few weeks, I'll start off this week with a wooden HO scale Feed Mill. I carried away with the details on this one.
Thanks for looking,
D.A.

Feed Mill 1.jpg

Feed Mill 2.jpg

A Proto 2000 GP9 that's had its cracked axle gears replaced and a DCC decoder installed. These turn out to be very sweet little locos.

N&W 713.jpg

This is the first of many decorations I plan on building for my train room. When you have everything you need it should take no more than 4 hours to build at a cost of around $45.00. I have 2 more signal projects in the works.

search_lite_signal_green.jpg

DA ... You're welcome.
JWB ... I like the N&W GP9.
NYC-George ... The signal is a great idea.

Below is Happy Hollow Club, a model I built from a kit made by NKP Car Company. It is a sleeper / lounge car

HHC2_zps3677b1b5.jpg

Below is prototype photo

happyhollowclub_zps5e76c622.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Garry I have a semaphore coming next week. Once you figure everything out their pretty easy to make.

Wow great work this week!
I'll post a couple pics from a friend who recently passed away.
I'll start a thread for his layout later this week, we'll be dismantling it tomorrow.
This is my favorite scene on the layout:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love seeing the work posted here!! Here is a new area I finished:

new 003.jpg

And here is my old sawmill being located to my new layout, still landscaping to do around it:

new 004.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!! lasm

lasm,

As always, great looking scenes and I really like your old saw mill. I wish I had a layout, large enough, that I could have incorporated industry. Would have loved to have had a logging industry and all that is associated with it. Maybe next time.

"Lightly weathered"!!! Looks great. One problem: you are now obliged to bring your entire layout up to this standard...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DA, Very nice feed mill. Maybe when I get working on the industrial section of my layout I'll have to put one of those in. I pictured in an earlier showin' off thread my expansion of the right side of my layout. I'll include a before and after what the expansion looks like now with the track down. As I mentioned in an earlier post it sure doesn't look like much now but I think it will give me some nice options as to when I put scenery in. Fortunately the left side (up north around the lake) is done so I don't feel like I'm totally starting back at it from scratch.

DSC01011.JPGDSC01133.jpgDSC01134.jpgDSC01135.jpg

Chuck, thanks for the nice compliment.

Souleman, thank you too for the kudos. I think your layout is looking good! Rome wasn't built in a day, and if we all could finish a layout in a week, we wouldn't have an excuse to get out of chores! LOL

D.A.

Back