WPF July 28 - Aug 3

Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
Hey, you guys are late. I guess I'll start for the first time. Today a 2009 shot of my old lighthouse and some new shots of it's replacement. Pretty much out of box Walters kit. Also notice my new dam under the bridge. That's about as close to scratch building as I get.The Neenah Marine building needs to be repaired and it's sign re-installed.

Attachments

• DSCF5604.jpg
    DSCF5604.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCF5599.jpg
    DSCF5599.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF5602.jpg
    DSCF5602.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF1810.JPG
    DSCF1810.JPG
    710.9 KB · Views: 158
Howdy!

Well Gee... I guess I'll move my post over to this thread. Never checked the dates.

I have been getting some more done on the RR Overpass Girder Bridge today. Last night I did take one more photo of the rivet detail on the sides:

SmallGirder11w_zps821ad514.png

Spray painted with flat black today, then had a lot of touch up in places that the spray just could not reach. Test fit on the now basically finished bridge abutments. The top of the bridge will be where I screwed up the paint job as it will be completely covered by the tie assembly....

SmallGirder12w_zps08d43e87.png

With the ties sitting on the bridge:

SmallGirder13w_zpsc6c20fd4.png

And a shot of the test fit on the layout where it will be placed:

SmallGirder14w_zps713994f2.png

One reason I take so many photos of my projects is they let me know right where I screwed up.... Have some touch up on the painting to do! the rivets do show up very well though, so I am pleased with it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, I like both of your lighthouses and the 'dam' bridge. Great job on the water; what did you use?

Ray, I see that after painting, the rivets still show. Yeah!

This week I'm posting an O scale Old West Saloon made from laser cut wood. Thanks in advance for looking.

D.A.

Salloon O Scale1.jpg

Saloon O Scale 2.jpg

Saloon O Scale 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary some great work on that harbor scene, very nice!

Lets see its middle of the summer, needs some cooling down from the scorching hot days?

P1000511.JPG

One of my favorite things is taking a decent trainset type car and making IMHO a decent model car out of it.For instance my 39 year old LifeLike identical twin Thrall All door cars.

CFPX-4684.jpg

CFPX-4686.jpg

Excellent start to the week guys.

Gary,

Great looking water scene, and a very busy looking one at that. A lot happening in a small space.

Ray,

Those rivets certainly do look good and add to the bridge.

Model Train Structures,

Very nice looking Saloon, makes me think that is where I should be right now, at my local for a beer or two :)

Michael,

Really, I mean, REALLY? - snow????? Just as I was enjoying the summer without a thought for what is just around the corner. Thanks for the reminder!! :)

Johnathon,

I still get envious of you guys who do engines and rolling stock. AM always impressed.

Beautiful work everyone and thanks for the kind comments on mine.
MTS- I really love the saloon - the louvers on the door are a great touch. My water is a plaster base, dark green and blue craft paint and many layers of Future floor wax. I swirled in some of the blue paint into upper levels to give it a see-thru depth. Do have some cracking problems but it kind of looks like ice breaking up in spring.
rhoward - your patience is well beyond mine
Michael - It's unseasonably cool here lately but I'm not complaining. After last winter's record snowfall, not so sure I want to see more just yet.
Tony - yes I do tend to stuff my scenes with --- STUFF!

GREAT photos this week.

Michael, we only get about 2 weeks of summer here (at least that is what it feels like), have mercy!!!

Here is another old kit off ebay, their are tons of these out there. I decided to repaint it and leave off the base, and I like the way it turned out. Not hard to put together, either.

bldg 003.jpg

bldg 004.jpg

Thanks for looking, lasm

Very nice work lasm, in fact, I think what you did look better than how it looks in the picture on the box, especially without the base.

Nice photos guys, Gary I really like the evolution of your harbor scene, and Ray, those rivets stand out nicely.i also like the saloon and lumber car too. Michael, love the snow scene too. Better there than here. Good work,

July 2014 - layout 006.jpg

Joe

I wanted to pop back in to see the new additions for this week, and all are great and so realistic. The average person has no idea the amount of hours involved in our projects. I'm glad we have a forum where we can appreciate and be appreciated. Thanks for the kudos on my saloon.

D.A.

@tootnkumin, the weathering was done by my Friend Gary Christensen and as you can see it makes the difference in that type of Pictures.

Back