WPF July 28 - Aug 3

Hey, at first glance, I thought it was a picture of the real thing. The modeling is very well done. Even after enlarging the photo, the two figures by the track mobile look real. great job.

After seeing this, I just took the crowbar and sledge hammer to my layout!
I know how you feel. However, and even though you are joking (I hope) - don't judge YOUR work by that of others, judge it on your abilities, capabilities and creativity.

Guys like Jurg should have their own special place on here that only "those guys" can access. A place where they can post their work but not disillusion us plebes :)

That, by the way Jurg, is meant to be a very sincere compliment to you, and all the other guys who are so damn good at this.

Gary B .. Looks like a great port city scene.
Ray ... There is a lot of detail on that nice little bridge.
DA ... great looking saloon.
Michael... Winter in August. I prefer to wait for that. Nice photo!
Catt ... I agre it's fun upgrading old "train set" freight cars. You did a great job.
LASM ... Your building looks great.
Joe ... That's a good looking industrial scene.
Jurg ... The "men at work" forgot to work on the box car. Looks real!

Here is an SD7 which will be pulling some empty stock cars from the packing plant. SPeaking of upgrading train set freight cars, the Swift reefer was a Tyco reefer.

SW7300stockyard_zps1179734e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sherrel and Tony here is a Little head up:

My Engines are made from Rodney Walker, one of the best out there, my Cars are made from Gary Christensen, one of the best out there and my Diorama is made by Stefan Foerg, one of the best out there, so it's easy for me to take great Pictures. My own work is far behind those "Artists".

Garry,

Love the stock yard a darn lot o work in that. Are you going to weather it by any chance?

Jurg,

You are one very lucky man to have the skills of the individuals mentioned. They truly do do amazing work which your photography emphasizes very well.

qabuvequ.jpg
i know this isn't anything too fancy but I finally got this accurail kit built. This has been sitting in the box for years. Eventually I would like to do some weathering on it, paint the wheels, and do a little graffiti. But at the rate I'm going, it might be a few years before that happens lol!

Garry: Great stock yard.

The Accurail covered hopper looks good, the RI Geep looks real good. Nice work everyone!

Joe

JWB the mortar work on your building caught my attention more than the locomotive. It looks great

GARRY the stock yard is something I may copy, thanks for posting

A2T.... the kit turned really nice

Back