WPF Dec. 8 - 13

No waaaay really? Dang, I always wondered about that back in the steam days. Must have been all kinds of workers getting cinder burns.

And as passengers, you learned not to stick your head out the old drop down windows of the old coaches either.

Mornin'! Chloe I'll have a cup of..... Oh! Thought this was the diner for a second.... LOL OK, I'll go back on topic for everyone.

On The SLOW, the girder bridge is finally together and the rivets have been placed on the bottom of the girders themselves. Hope to put a coat of paint on the bottom of it today leaving the top of the girders paint free so I can get rivets put on there over the weekend at the RIT Train Show.

LrgGirderBrdg33w_zpsydk8olnt.png

Are you putting a center support under the joint?

No waaaay really? Dang, I always wondered about that back in the steam days. Must have been all kinds of workers getting cinder burns.
Yeah really. The more bizarre twist is that I was in a coach not the open platform. It swirled right in through the window into my eye. Sort of killed a lot of the rest of the vacation.

P.S. Ha, I just saw tootnkimins post about coaches too. Must not be so rare as I thought.

Tunnels were another favourite place to, there'd be a mad scramble to shut all the windows.

Freight house diorama

Haven't posted here in a very long time. Slowly getting the modeling juices flowing again. Just finished this little diorama.

2015-12-13 14.07.36.jpg2015-12-13 14.07.29.jpg2015-12-13 14.06.59.jpg2015-12-13 14.06.28.jpg

Are you putting a center support under the joint?

Oh yes! There is a RR track directly under the joint on the layout, and at an angle with it as well. I talked for quite a while with Harold Russell about how to deal with the problem. He and I were working the NMRA Booth at the RIT Train Show on Saturday. And since I am using his drawings to make the bridge, I figured he would know of some solutions. His suggestion is to support the joint of the bridge with a pair of massive I-Beams or (better yet) build some really heavy duty girders to support it. Kind of like a Girder under the girder. Will keep updates in this thread as it happens...

Back