WPF Dec 12-19

Nice videos. The prototype is something I see coming through our area on a regular basis.

Greenies in Bozeman, MT were attempting to try to get coal trains to stop running through town on Montana Rail Link tracks complaining about the posibility of the trains releasing coal dust when they came through town. Some people need to get a life.

Waiting to see the station area completed. A great looking building. Wish I could have had a facility like that but it wouldn't fit the theme of my layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tons of great pics this week, I finally finished this wagon and load after it sat on my desk for a month:

wagon,road 009.jpg

Greenies in Bozeman, MT were attempting to try to get coal trains to stop running through town on Montana Rail Line tracks complaining about the posibility of the trains releasing coal dust when they came through town.
When I was on city council the standard response for this sort of thing was. "Were the train tracks there when you purchased the house?". Answer is always yes. "Did you see the train tracks there when you purchased the house.",, yes,, "So you knew full well there was the possibilities of a train.",, yes,, "So, if you don't like trains and everything associated with them why did you buy that house?",, Usually no answer, but occasionally a stumbling reply that started with, "BUT I didn't think". Mayor's response, "That's right you didn't think". End of issue.

Thanks for all the kind comments, I really appreciate that.

The station was always kind of on an island and didn't look like a downtown scene. So with the hotel next to it, and adding a viewblock backdrop it should look much better when I finish the scene.

It is unbelievable what people will try to get away with - they make a decision then, do their very best to blame everyone else and everything else for THEIR decision. Would make a good thread on its own.

When I was on city council the standard response for this sort of thing was. "Were the train tracks there when you purchased the house?". Answer is always yes. "Did you see the train tracks there when you purchased the house.",, yes,, "So you knew full well there was the possibilities of a train.",, yes,, "So, if you don't like trains and everything associated with them why did you buy that house?",, Usually no answer, but occasionally a stumbling reply that started with, "BUT I didn't think". Mayor's response, "That's right you didn't think". End of issue.

If it wasn't for the Northern Pacific, bozeman probably wouldn't exist, just like many other towns in the western US. It was the railroads that built the west.
What a bunch of whiners.

What's the source of the model? Great to see work off the beaten track!

Well, The source of the prototype was Ford Motor Company and GE. Ford contracted for several of these 132 ton center cab units to switch the river Rouge Plant. After their life at Ford they were sold to the Wellsville Addison and Galeton RR in western NY/PA. My understanding is there is only one survivor of these engines. Some time ago there was a nice set of blueprints published in one of the model magazines. A co worker had a nice copy blown up to G scale size and was going to build a model of it. It became something of a "dare" for me to try it in HO as he did it think it could be pulled off.

Here are a couple of build pictures

grill4.jpg

headlightandfan1.jpg

Completeheadlightexaustgrabs.jpg

cut20bars.jpg

paint2.jpg

52.jpg

PICT0044a.jpg

Here are a few pics of projects I have been working on. The first is the maiden run of a C628 on the completed section of the new upper level expansion. Here it is crossing the future Lackawanna River heading into Green Ridge Yard in Scranton. The other picture is the newest addition to the power fleet. Bachmann Spectrum SD45 that I weathered. It is sitting in the empty Binghamton Yard awaiting its DCC decoder.

20141209_192936.jpg
20141212_213942.jpg

Bridgeliner,

Thats gonna be a great looking river scene there, can't wait to see it completed. Nicely done on the weathering on the SD45. I love SD45s.

Love that Ford switcher. I have seen a lot of pictures of it and always liked it. Nice build.;););)

JWB, I am not exactly sure yet. I will probably end up using a Digitrax replacement board and hardwire that in along with the lights.

Back