WPF 11/30 through 12/03

Iron Horseman

Building the 2015 Christmas Forest.

First wash the floor.
IMG_5290.jpg

Add some grass.
IMG_5293.jpg

Create the track plan. As there will be no one to operate it this year it has to be simple. Must have been inspired by Tony this year. Went for a double track mainline.
IMG_5298.jpg

Modify the track plan (from 5 loops to 4). Wire and assign the trains to their tracks. Test and add the station and water tower.
IMG_5302.jpg

Christmas Forest 2015 continued.

Add 17 trees.
IMG_5305.jpg

A different view. Its kind of nice the way the trains come in and out of the trees. They look even better than I thought they would.
IMG_5311.jpg

Simple controls. A new MRC Tech-7 in the mix this year. I didn't break out the PFM sound system as, once again, there will be no one to operate this year.
IMG_5307.jpg

Looking back the other way to the hot chocolate / cookie table and the only HO scale trains planned to be in the exibit.
IMG_5312.jpg

Now all that needs to be done is to decorate the trees, and move on to the main lobby (at least 12 more trees there - including the big ones).

Last edited by a moderator:
That's much better, very well done, but you'd better get Sherrel in to check out that flight deck.

I hope Louis sees this. He and I share a common bond of being Christmas crazy. Once again, I love it! Please post pics when it's done.

Back