Wpf 10-11-13/10-17-13

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Considering the other thread is from last week it's time we had a new one. I'll kick it off.

Just some old photos from the layout:

P1012720.jpg

P1012694.jpg

P1012676.jpg

DSCN1240.jpg

DSCN1111.jpg

P1011695.jpg

P1011637.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

P1011609.jpg

P4060070.jpg

Ah Ye Olde WPF again!
I managed to get a start on the General Electric plant the other day, here it is about half done.
I will need to make two operating overhead doors and I'm thinking tortoise machines?
GE plant 003.JPG
GE plant 002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I,ve been working on a new building for my layout, the Walthers light and power kit.Its not finished yet, I,ve still got to put one walls worth of windows in, and then fit the roof. I sprayed it with Tamiya red brown,and picked out the window sills,and the concrete wall bases with Tamiya buff acrylic brush paint.I used different shades of brick red, to pick out individual bricks. To tone down the red brown, I used cream coloured powdered chalk dust, applied with a piece of sponge rubber.The wall next to the building, shows how the building looked before the chalk went on.I used a can of green spray paint from the local hardware shop, to do the doors and windows.
Ron.

Attachments

• light and power.jpg
    light and power.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by a moderator:
Over the past 3 weeks, I have showed my fictional City of Heartland. First was Union Station; second was downtown; and third was industries.

This week I will head westward down the mainline from Heartland and we will go through Valley Heights. We will see a large bakery, Standing Falls in a village with Victorian homes, a small station, and the mainline continuing west in rural territory.

The town of Valley Heights is the junction where a branch line connects with the main line.

My railroad is a fictional division of the CB&Q called “The Heartland Division” it has mostly CB&Q, GN<, and NP locomotives in the late 1940’s to the early 1960’s.

2-6-6-2and0-6-0A_zpse66d7817.jpg

bakeryStayleBreada_zps2fbc5088.jpg

SD9358StaFa.jpg

E5VH.jpg

SD24sDyno_zps1b357dd7.jpg

Some more photos from Monday...
mRkrExV.jpg

cvn5OZ7.jpg

vGP4GFB.jpg

I2vbphU.jpg

Ndqt8Pv.jpg

6igKz2f.jpg

Paper mill shots as requested by Rico.
PGKqb8V.jpg

zlApsuL.jpg

PVgfSg0.jpg

8aVygQA.jpg

ktYcWz1.jpg

WA36cCS.jpg

NgNFepf.jpg

IILpDNc.jpg

dYeelsL.jpg

TE8vm2t.jpg

Also I picked up some Bowser kits at the hobby store. Finished building them this morning.

cf6NFa4.jpg

With Proto 2000 metal wheels.
U20L9fp.jpg

Best regards,
Mike

Not a water tower. Advertising. That was an ad for Heinz Ketchup. There used to be big ads like that in big cities everywhere. I used to see one when I lived in Germany many years ago that was put up by one of the big beer producers there.

The B&O "Columbian" prepares to leave from a station stop somewhere between Baltimore & Cleveland,:cool:
545233_412199855557151_1784093597_n.jpg

Garry - All I can say is WOW! I like the Victorian homes.
Jeffery - There's a town in Il. that has an old Ketchup plant that has bottle shaped water tower. They promote it as the 'World's Largest Ketchup Bottle' It right on old Route 66.
Beautiful work this week everyone again.

A D&RGW coal train consist with SD45, GP60, SD45 workin hard up a 2% climb up Tennessee Pass.

P1000331.JPG

Karl ... I like the B&O train because it reminds me of riding the B&O when I was young.
Mike Arnold ... That is a very impressive series of layout photos. Excellent.
Gary B .... Thanks for commenting. Glad you liked it.
Sirfoldalot... Nice to see you. Thanks for commenting.
Michael ... The backdrop really adds a whole new dimension. Looks great.

Back