wish me luck 1st op session.........

Greg from Mi.

Greg from Mi.
This Friday on my DM&IR RR. HO scale. It goes through 3 rooms in my basement. DCC wireless MRC. I have 12 people coming.
Will post how it goes
Greg

Good luck! (You may need it!:p)
There are bound to be hiccups, snafu's and snarls but that is the nature of learning how to do something new. Just don't be so serious that you can't have a good laugh at yourselves sometimes, and everything will be okay.
Remember: This is FUN!!!:D

Don't drink and train...you'll end up trying to fix something but instead royally screw it up :D (Don't ask me how I know)

Well I'd wish you luck but I don't want to jinx it!
One of the twelve coming over isn't Murphy, is it?
He never misses one of my op sessions!
We'll await the pics and stories....

odds are, most people will just watch rather than operate. Unless individuals have specific assignments already, you will have to stick a controller in their hand and tell them what to do to get them started.
Assign train crews, engineer and brakeman for each train. Provide a time frame after the operating session to just run trains.

Good luck Greg, wish I could be there. I'm also in Michigan (Holly/Flint area).
Ops makes a railroad come alive, the best part of the hobby (IMHO).

Good Luck
One thing you should do is energize the layout and run it a couple of hours before the visitors arrive. Then leave it running and don't shut it down. Most hicups happen when you first energize the system.

What method are you gonna use? Waybills? Switchlists? Have you tested the system with someone who isn't familiar with the track/locations?
Just be prepared to laugh so you don't get stressed out!

waybills.....

Had op sessions for 2 years when it was in 1 room. Tonight will be the 1st session since I enlarged it to 3 rooms.
Greg

Thanks for asking.........

Went good but not great. One engine "ran away" and couldnt controll it. Will have to contact MRC to see why. Any idea?
Had 12 people and plan another session jan. or Feb.
Greg

Went good but not great. One engine "ran away" and couldnt controll it. Will have to contact MRC to see why. Any idea?
Had 12 people and plan another session jan. or Feb.
Greg

Did it have an MRC decoder in it? If the digital/analog switch isn't set to just digital, I have found that several brands of decoders, will "lose their minds", so to speak, and will take off at full speed.

If you have the JMRI software, its an easy fix.

Back