Whats the best looking paint scheme?

d_sinsley

I had an idea to see what is out there in the way of paint schemes. Who has the sharpest looking locos. I'll start by saying that St Maries River Railroad is thes coolest I have seen.

Even though its kinda plain and basic, I have found that the D&RGW paint scheme is neat.

My semi-freelanced BH&W (Black top & ends with D&RGW stripes over primer grey (Pics to follow soonish when I finally get round to spraying the first GP9 lol))

D&RGW, NYC, NS (You following the black loco theme here!?! lol) followed closely by the SP faded grey lettering scheme...

Last edited by a moderator:
NYC is classy, and I know BN gets a lot of flack, but I've gotta say I like the black and green.

Can't believe noones mentioned KCS Belle scheme yet? After that, I'd have to say DRGW, Alaska RR, CSX YN3, Delaware and Hudson lightening stripes, and CP Rail Golden Beaver scheme, UP 1995 and 1988.

As for the UP Flag Units, I love the concept, but I wish UP would clean them once in awhile, theres something about a dirty tattered up image of our flag that's just not okay.

My Choice

tr_dh18.jpg

Is it just me or do others think that silver painted trucks as in post #17 always look hand painted and just awful?!? - they wouldn't look so bad I don't think if they were sprayed, but somehow it just never looks like they are.. (correct me if I'm wrong)...

Is it just me or do others think that silver painted trucks as in post #17 always look hand painted and just awful?!? - they wouldn't look so bad I don't think if they were sprayed, but somehow it just never looks like they are.. (correct me if I'm wrong)...

I think part of it has to do with the trucks are cast iron, a very rough surface to start with.

Back