What new H.O. Vehicles would you like to see made??

rock4329

My very first picks would be 3 versions of a late 70's Kenworth Cabover.

1. A single sleeper version
2. A double sleeper.
3. A double sleeper Aerodyne.

I would also like to see mid to late 70's single and double sleeper Kenworth, Peterbilt, and Freightliner Conventionals (long nose) trucks.

As far as fire trucks go, I'd love to see a GOOD dual rear axle mid mount ladder truck (preferably Sutphen, but would take a Pierce), and a good New York style heavy rescue !! Boley's heavy rescue is ok, but I want BIGGER!!!

Still waiting on a 78/79 Camaro Z/28

OK, Your turn, What are you hoping for???

Anything less than $3.00 ea. from 1990 to 2009 in cars, vans, pickups, motorcycles, trailers, flatbed trucks etc. I'm Dreaming.

Modern Crown Vic and Chevy Impala police cars. A crew cab dually pickup. Decent looking motor homes and travel trailers. Explorers, Expeditions, and Suburbans. And, some short school busses.

My very first picks would be 3 versions of a late 70's Kenworth Cabover.

1. A single sleeper version
2. A double sleeper.
3. A double sleeper Aerodyne.

I would also like to see mid to late 70's single and double sleeper Kenworth, Peterbilt, and Freightliner Conventionals (long nose) trucks.

As far as fire trucks go, I'd love to see a GOOD dual rear axle mid mount ladder truck (preferably Sutphen, but would take a Pierce), and a good New York style heavy rescue !! Boley's heavy rescue is ok, but I want BIGGER!!!

Still waiting on a 78/79 Camaro Z/28

OK, Your turn, What are you hoping for???
Ricks Decals make GREAT resin cast fire truck bodies, though I wish he had more cabs (Wish #1).

I want a smart car.... (HINT HINT, BLMA)
Busch...

Modern Crown Vic and Chevy Impala police cars. A crew cab dually pickup. Decent looking motor homes and travel trailers. Explorers, Expeditions, and Suburbans. And, some short school busses.
I'd love the Crown Vic, and Impala, and new Caprice.

River Point Station makes a dually & Expedition. Busch makes great tow-behind motor homes.

Atlas makes late 90's Explorer, Busch makes the Blazer...

Anyways, my list is endless, there's too many possibilities.:eek: So much I want. I can't wait for River Point Station to release some of the Toyota's, and I'm sure the Crown Vic will be in there too...

I want a smart car.... (HINT HINT, BLMA)

One of these?

48900.jpg

Take a look here for many more.

http://www.busch-model.com/katalog/e/uwg/202-h0.htm

average cars from the 1990s. hondas, F150s, suburbans, etc. yeah and under 5.00 so you can really populate a layout with them without breaking the bank.

More modern fire apparatus, Sutphen SPH100, KME Aerialcat, etc.
And SCHOOL BUSES, Carpenter, Wayne, Superior, Thomas, Blue Bird bodies on International or Ford chassis.

I want to see the market have more cars that are sold in america, instead of europe. Another thing is there's way too many convertible models

But here's a list, 1993-Current specific:

Honda civics and accords
More Chevys (suburban/tahoes, newer impalas, cavaliers, PU trucks)
A fox body mustang, 94-98 mustang
A 97-04 vette or 05+ vette
Hardtop camaros and firebirds
Volvos, C70s, s60, s40
Saabs, 9-3 or 9-5
subaru wrx or legacy
VW gti, any generation, but i think herpa makes one
More jeeps!! wranglers without 4 doors
Toyotas, corollas camry
Dodge/Chrysler, voyagers, PU trucks
Mitsubishi, lancers and galants
Mass produced F-250s or 350's, I know several ones out there but they are limited runs.

I'm sure I could keep going

Well coming from a family of first responders, id love to see more firetrucks. A model of my dads toyota tundra would be cool

07_Tundra_Double-Cab_06.jpg

we bought a travel trailer this year, and i have a blast in it.
this one isnt ours, its to cold and ours is wrapped so i cant take a picture.
f_50827346-e6de1acf.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about more cars that were like, everywhere and nowhere!

As an example, 1968-74 Plymouth Valiant/Dodge Dart. They ran forever, and were everywhere, just under the radar.

Or, the 73-87 Chevy C-10, K-10 pickups. Every family had at least one! So did municipalities, Railroads, utlility companies, etc......

Think about this (for those of you over 45 years old?) what was your Dad driving in 1964.........a Fairlane, a Biscayne, or a Fury? Thats the stuff we are lacking. Sure Mustangs and Camaros were cool, but a very small percentage of the vehicular population. IMHO. for the scene to look right, there must be a balance of the types of cars representative of the era.

For the older era modelers any sedan not made by Ford between 1932 and 1950. Always kills me that you rarely see Studebakers, Hudsons, Packards, etc. on so many layouts of that era. Let alone Hupmobiles, Stanleys or Morgans. Looks like the Ford dealer was the only game in town! Hey, nothin against a 5 window Ford coupe, but the only one at the hobby shop has deep dish mags on it. Looks silly!

70-90s trucks i would love a collection of W900 kenworths and some long nose peterbilts

would also love some 80-90s cars, civics, k-cars, your basic toyotas because there were tons of them built and would add some realism.

any 95+ dodge ram and chevy trucks

Heavy duty trucks from the 60's to early 70's in both tractors and straight jobs.

Examples:

Long and short nosed Brockways when they were still Brockways and not Bracks or Mockways.

International Fleetstar 2000D tractors and Loadstar 1600 straight jobs. These things were everywhere.

GMC 9500 tractors and straight jobs. Another truck seen everywhere.
Late 50's vintage GMC "crackerbox" cabovers.

White 9000 conventional cabs. As a matter of fact anything from the White - Diamond Reo - Autocar family that had the Autocar cab.

And for a little variety it would be nice if any heavy duty trucks of that era were made available with a choice of Dayton or Budd wheels and the more common 50 gallon rectangular fuel tanks rather than the fitzall round ones on most of today's scale offerings.

i'd love to see some decent, modern MOW trucks. F250 and 2500HD quad cabs are EVERYWHERE on the railroads yet i think only the F250 is in production and it's kinda pricey. modern Ford and Chevy passenger vans for railcrew transport. ford Escapes for the car inspectors and company officers. pickups with utility bodies and open beds like the car knockers, the ones with space for the torch and other gear. And of course the MOW trucks, the hi-rails and rubber wheels with the short little lift cranes. modern chevy and ford cargo vans with utility bodies and roof racks. and of course those little golf carts with the pickup beds and all-weather cabs that you see around the diesel shops. and of course some of the more common appliance cars you see, like modern hondas, toyotas, fords, etc... that would be a great start

Trucks
Late 1970s-90s mack superliner
late 70s RS700L

mid 60s autocar garbage trucks

50s Cat equipment

50s cadillacs
1965 cadillac

OMG, Valiants! We had to drive those as patrol cars for a year. The worst car ever made for police work. How about some AMC Matadors, the one you see on Adam-12? Those were actually pretty good police cars. Some late 70's early 80's Dodge Chargers and Plymouth Furies. More minor car makers like an MGB or Sunbeam Alpine. I don't know a thing about trucks, but it seems we jump from semi's I remember from the 60's to the present day without much in between. How about some station wagons, which used to be common cars, seen everywhere. I don't know how many model vehicles there are in HO, but it must be in the hundreds. Just from reading this list, it's clear there have been many thousands that have never been made.

Back