What coffee do you like?

I've never been able to make good coffee, it's more of a hassle than it's worth, so a couple years ago I tried iced coffee... It's now my go-to in the morning. I still love hot coffee, as long as someone else makes it. What's your favorite javabean?

Attachments

• 20230324_121400.jpg
    20230324_121400.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 67
Starbucks Italian Roast. We brew it in our drip coffee maker. One cup every morning (16 0z cup), except Saturday when it is usually 3 cups throughout the day.

Second choice, McDonalds coffee brewed at their place. Not the beans that you can buy at the store.

Third choice, Holiday Stationstores Columbia coffee, using their machine which grinds the beans.

I may be crazy, but I preferred the dollar store brand when I brewed my own. Tried several brands but for some reason I could never get 'em right. Either too weak or too strong. Never had a problem with DG brand and it tasted fine, to me.
I've used the DG brand as well. To me it made a fine home brew.

If I'm out, and grab a cup, I usually always get it from Caseys, or Mcdonalds with reward points.

Alright, based on the replies so far, I guess I'll be the snooty one. I travel for work constantly, and when I'm on the road I will often look for local coffee roasteries that freshly roast their own beans. My general preference is for oily medium to dark roast, favorite origins include Papua New Guinea, Costa Rica, and Sumatra. Right now I'm working through a bag of Ethiopian guji allona beans that I picked up from a local coffee shop in Phoenix last week. It's good, but a little too light roast for my tastes. Around home, there's a Dunn Brothers coffee nearby where they roast right in the shop, they usually have beans freshly roasted in the last couple days.

Occasionally I'll have to go down to Costa Rica for work; the duty-free shops in the airport have tons of coffee, I'll come back with around ten pounds of beans in my suitcase. I'll give away about half of that, makes great gifts.

250480089_10115203750289360_2148944595947089852_n.jpg

I have three ways to make coffee at home. If I'm lazy, I'll use the drip pot. If I've got time, I'll use the French Press (if you haven't had French Press with good coffee, you don't know what you're missing). And if I'm in-between and just want one cup, I've got a single-cup pourover.

It gets cold up here in the winter, so I usually only drink iced coffee in the summer. However, I often make it by hand. I'll brew extra-strong regular coffee, then put it in a cocktail shaker with some blue agave or other sweetener, shake it with ice until it's cold (which dilutes it, hence why I start with it extra-strong), then add a little milk or cream. When you shake it like that and pour it out, you'll end up with a small layer of foam on top of your coffee. When I'm on the road, I will sometimes buy those small cans of iced coffee that you find at Asian grocery stores with funny names like "Boss Coffee," "UCC," or "Mr. Brown Coffee."

And yes finally, when I'm in a hurry or lazy, I'll get coffee at Trader Joe's or the grocery store. I actually kinda like the vacuum pack bricks of Cafe Bustelo espresso that my local Target carries.

Last edited:
Folgers is the only coffee in my house. At work, it’s a shiny nameless foil packet. But their coffee is free…so all the better! Nothing a shot of Original Coffee Mate Creamer and 2 sugar packets can’t fix. 20 ounce Contigo spill resistant mug helps keep it warm.

When at home - our Bunn is always full of Maxwell House without a doubt :)

Out on the road, well I'd have to say Dunkin first followed by (I hate myself for this) Mc Doogles after that Timmy after that, pretty much anything EXCEPT that brewed mud people call starbucks ....

As for Creamer - well that's easy - Black No Sugar :p

Last edited:

Back