Weight of Rolling Stock

I have a photo of one I added more detail to in the photo area here.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...n-26amp-3bw-y3-powerhouse-re-detailed&cat=506

I weighted it at the smoke box end and re-tweaked the front engine spring so it would still sit properly.
I added tender chain hooks and chain, ladder to back of tender slope, underbelly detail and brakes for the tender, MV lenses and a bigger motor.
One of my others I made a Y5 style "Y" pipe and extended headlight bracket.

I was buying them off friends who wanted the Lifelike plastic ones for like $250 or less. I have 6-7 now. My Lifelike Y3 I backdated into a Y2a.

Very nice detailing and weathering on that Y3.

If in remember correctly I had one of these, then sold it off before ever running it. Bought a few of the Proto ones, but got almost no chance to run them as I had disposed of my layout. Subsequently I guess I bought another of the Powerhouse ones, but again never had a new layout to run it on.....but I am now working on that new layout subject.

I spent a few years attending that Great Scale Train Show in Timonium (Balt), and there were lots of opportunities to buy and sell at that show in the early days. Wish I could find a show like that here in FL,....and not too far away.

I live in Northern VA and used to go to THE GREAT SCALE TRAIN SHOW in Timonium, MD about twice a year back in the late 1980's into the early 2000's. Bought a NWSL N&W W, 2 Sunset M's, a Sunset K3 4-8-2, and lots of details and spare parts. Lately, I've grown tired of my layout and have been slowly selling stuff off. Going back to high end audio.

well getting 2 replacement stylus for my Grace F9e super with upgraded OCL tips has really made my LP's sound better. Big amp was rebuilt last year and I re-capped my 2 pairs of KEF 104aB's this year. things sound wonderful again.

Back