Weekly Photo Fun for the New Year 12/31-1/6

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
What say we get going on another great year of Photo Fun here? I'll start it off this year....
Last week I snuck in a photo or two of a scratch built 1920's industrial electric motor similar to one we used in the 1950's (yep it was still running) on our farm.

ElectricMotor01w.png

This week I managed to get it and some belt driven tools painted and more or less ready to install into an engine house/ workshop for the quarry area on the SLOW.

ElectricMotor04w.png

ElectricMotor05w.png

ElectricMotor06w.png

And one to give a better idea how small these are.....

ElectricMotor07w.png

Hope you have a great 2011!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, those machines are going to make for quite the scene.

I've been waiting for someone else to start this since I started the one across the street. I didn't want to seem too eager to post my pictures!:D

I've been working on my highway that goes next to the trestle. I weathered it before I striped the middle. Now I need to go back and finish weathering.

A blurry view of the sharp curve.

newlayout014-1.png

A little lower shot of the bridge. I need to retake this with a train in the background.

newlayout021.jpg

This is one I did way back. Never really detailed it much, so I went back, redid the details and decals and got it up to standards. Now she's fresh out of the paint shop ready to hit the rails.

100_1473.jpg

100_1472-1.jpg

Happy New Year everyone, best wishes for a better, more prosperous year.

I was able to get a hold of 3 of the new plated Superchief cars even though I didn't preorder them. Caboose Hobbies had a bunch of them. Now that I've gotten smarter I have the rest of the train on preorder now, since this one is so popular.

IMG_0904.JPG

Corey, that scene looks familiar... Wouldn't be from the Southern Tier of NYS would it?

Ian, I love the desk!

Jerome, nice diseasally switcher thingy there.... Looks good!

Ian, I just want to put my head down on your desk and take a nap right now. Looks absolutely right!

Michael, gotta love those Budd cars!

Ping! this goes back on top..........

Corey, that scene looks familiar... Wouldn't be from the Southern Tier of NYS would it?

Southern Minnesota actually. The real one is five miles south of my home town, or fifteen miles from where I live now. It's in the Minnesota river valley so that accounts for the winding roads in this section. This is former Milwaukee road track that climbs out of the river valley and up the bluff.

I don't know about you fellas, but I kind of enjoy encountering your photos on about three different fora. It's a small world in this hobby, and yet there's room for all of us. :D

Nice photos, BTW, as I have said in the other place(s).

Here is mine. A Sunday afternoon, bright and hazy, in a place surrounding Seneca Falls where there was snow just the day before. But, today, what little there was for the passengers to enjoy has been melted away by unseasonably warm temps.

picture.php

Crandell

Spent a bit on some W scale trains for my girlfriend's 4 year old son:

166476_1731765489023_1085091044_2001039_5034866_n.jpg

Here a MP light engine move clears the main while an LRV waits:
168473_1731766009036_1085091044_2001041_4467915_n.jpg

Incomplete scene...Fueling facility, still under construction

DSC05138.jpg

Here's something I'm working on at the moment:

P1011400.jpg

It's an AHM 50' outside braced gondola from the early 70's. The truck mounted couplers have been done away with and Kadee coupler boxes have been body mounted and metal wheelsets have been installed. Currently I am stripping the paint off it. Seems that it has a few coats.

Heavy loads. I just weathered and added heavy loads to a couple of the 81' depressed center flat car. I used 40 links per inch chain for the tie downs. Here's one of them, still working on the other, will post when I finish it...

IMG_0934.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Heavy loads. I just weathered and added heavy loads to a couple of the 81' depressed center flat car. I used 40 links per inch chain for the tie downs. Here's one of them, still working on the other, will post when I finish it...

IMG_0934.JPG

what did you use for the load. I just picked up a set of cars an need loads for them.

Back