Weekly Photo Fun 4-24/4-29

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P2060429.jpg

Incrediblely good...excellent eye and application, LOS. Wow!!! :D

I will first post a protorail shot that I took last December. It shows the Dayliner that operates between Victoria and Courtenay on Vancouver Island. This is a seven-days-a-week operation on the original right of way of the Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway.

IMG_6407cres.png

Jeffrey, very nice switcher.
hb, nice shot, I spent the day at Strasburg over Easter weekend, fabulous place.
lo, outstanding modeling.
Crandell, beautiful photo.

Switching a couple of TOFC's into an East Bound through freight. DJ.

P1040707.jpg

looking good so far. Here is my contabution. LATX jus got done refurbishing this superliner I for surfliner service.

looking good so far. Here is my contabution. LATX jus got done refurbishing this superliner I for surfliner service.

That looks really good!! Which loco and scheme is that?

The loco I just got, (which is getting DCC/Sound installed), is the F59-PHI California paint scheme (Blue with yellow accents).

That looks really good!! Which loco and scheme is that?

The loco I just got, (which is getting DCC/Sound installed), is the F59-PHI California paint scheme (Blue with yellow accents).

The locomotive is an Athrean RTR. An EMd F59PHI #453 with Amtrak West Paint Scheme. And also I know the engine you have im getting that one next month. That the Amtrak California scheme you have. Its not protypical for your Denver Union Station tho due to California trains never leave California. I have two Dash 8-32BWH's in california scheme

The locomotive is an Athrean RTR. An EMd F59PHI #453 with Amtrak West Paint Scheme. And also I know the engine you have im getting that one next month. That the Amtrak California scheme you have. Its not protypical for your Denver Union Station tho due to California trains never leave California. I have two Dash 8-32BWH's in california scheme

Oh really, does the Amtrak West have service for Denver?

Oh really, does the Amtrak West have service for Denver?

Yes the California Zypher. But my philosphay(if I spelled it right) its your corridor so run what you want to run. But protypical Amtrak west is the Zypher and Coast Starlight. They use the EMD F59PHI and they also use Dash 8-32BWH's and P42DC's. Thanks for the compliment tho on my engine.

Right now I don't have a home layout, so I only get to run them at the club. When you get a chance post some pictures of your train.

Laidoff Sick,
Super job on the box car, really like the roof. Is this a weaver or atlas car?

Wabash GP7 picking up a load at the Columbia, Mo MFA.
rectangle_99991_IMG_1900.jpg

Laidoff Sick,
Super job on the box car, really like the roof. Is this a weaver or atlas car?

It's an Atlas Trainman car with cutlevers and coupler pocket extensions added. It started as a 3 rail car but I swapped out the trucks and added Kadees for 2 or 3 rail operation now.

Trying to get many different projects completed this weekend. Doing the air brush weathering part on all of this.

101_0593.jpg

For those that are curious...................

3 SSW SW1500's

3 Southern SW1500's

2 A&P SW1500's

2 A&P SD24's

6 A&P B40-8's

3 flat cars

Well, I ready to accept my Razzy Award. This is my first attempt at paiinting the ties. I got them WAY too dark. thinking about using light tan and a touch of brown instead of brown with a touch of black. I don't know how you guys with the large layouts do it!!! I am sure I am missing the boat here and there is a faster way to do this.

Enough chit chat here is the photos :(

View attachment 19976

View attachment 19977

Let me know your HONEST opinion please!!!!

Back