Weekly Photo Fun 2/7 - 2/13

MikeOwnby

I actually have a picture that's not a locomotive I painted! Yay! Not exactly realistically weathered or anything, but this is my new petroleum distribution center. Made of three different kits and miscellaneous structures to boot in order to come up with something a bit more grandiose than the average "oil refinery" kit. Not that I imagine it's anything close to being realistic. If somebody fired this thing up I'm sure it would either explode or create an environmental disaster, but it looks purty. I think it turned out well, but I do need to figure out how to make my roads and retaining walls look less cartoonish. There's still a bunch of unballasted track too, because I'm going to have to cut out a turnout that I broke and replace it. Fun.

I'll add to this later with some photos and video of that BLI Centipede. Probably some video of the E7's sound also.

DSCF3939.jpg

That's a very interesting facility. I'll be waiting for the centipede video. They were a bit different than most locomotives.

Here's a Walthers kit that was build a long time ago. (like most things on my layout). Meadowgold is a local brand up here and I managed to find the sign on the roof. in the last year or so Classic Metal Works came out with some vehicles decorated for Meadowgold. They were a no brainer.

attachment.php

N-scale Baldwin Centipede Sound & Video

Not the best quality throughout, but man it's hard to properly video something so small. The important bits are in focus, though, so after shooting 13 videos to get three "good" ones, I called it good enough. Enjoy! :)

(and how about that ending? :cool:)

[video=youtube_share;jGGbLJWM2l0]https://youtu.be/jGGbLJWM2l0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool stuff!

My humble contribution.
Priority freight #406, SUPALT ( Superior to Altoona) overtakes a local in the hole:

001_zpsjuxvdcbc.jpg

Terry in NW Wisconsin

Mike ... You have an impressive layout. The BLI Baldwins look good in UP colors.
Chet ..... I like your creamery !
Terry ... Nice shot. Always like to see your trees.

Here is one of my older photos of a Zephyr leaving my City of Heartland.

DowntownHeartland7_zps7889ee48.jpg

Very nice, Montanan, Terry, Garry all. One of these days maybe I'll work up to creating scenery like that. For some reason I have a really good eye and talent for detail as long as it's technical, like painting and detailing my locomotives. When it comes to just getting artsy and making something like scenery look realistic I've not had much luck. Guess I have more of a technical mind than an artistic one.

For some reason the board posted my reply twice. I've edited the second one, though, and this message is now a useless space waster instead of an annoying redundancy. Better? You decide.

Odd, I've never had any trouble deleting a post, even after a delay. Where I do have a problem sometimes (not always) is when editing and then saving, it just won't "go". Have to copy the edited post, return to the forum and delete the original, then open a new reply and paste the copied edit. Very time consuming too.

My first ever home made tree!

Kind of a lousy picture of it, but I put it in a hard-to-photograph location.
F7D4A434-C639-41EC-A04B-2A42690ABF43_zpsdaapy5lg.jpg

Just a photo taken by a member of our informal club of a section on my layout. I call this the Saxeville tunnel since the Saxeville interchange and industrial area is above the tunnel.

Saxeville Tunnel.JPG

All very nice stuff, and Mike I didn't know what a good singer you are!
I'll get in a little late for this week, here's a caboose I finally tracked down.
image.jpeg

I made some progress on the girder bridge scene over the past couple of days. Looks like this now (most of the scenery on the far side of track has been finished).

LrgGirderStonework11w_zpsfdgtgmtt.png

Here it is with the girder bridge sitting where it will go when the rest of the scenery gets done under it.

LrgGirderStonework12w_zpsrsddsutf.png

Back