Weekly photo fun 11-26 to 12-2

Crandell awesome snow scene!!! I never seen that one before. Is that a diesel on your layout? Have you come over to the dark side? Love the warbonnets!!!

Finally got the roadbed down and beginning to landscape!

Uh Ohhhh, you're making progress! Excellent work, it looks like the beginnings of some great looking rocky mountains! Was wondering what was going on with your layout.

Crandell awesome snow scene!!! I never seen that one before. Is that a diesel on your layout? Have you come over to the dark side? Love the warbonnets!!!

Michael, thanks. I am a die-hard 'collector', so I pick up whatever next gets under my skin. Two summers ago I developed a hankering for a warbonnet modern diesel, and I found one on ebay. Another gentleman sent me one as a gift! Pretty hard to turn that down. They are pretty in my view. But I can say the same, in a brutish way, about steamers, and I am quite dedicated to keeping a healthy stable of varied, mostly heavy, steam.

This setting is familiar territory on my layout, but I had to make it snow. :D Here is what it looks like when it isn't snowing.

Cs-loco-color-web.png

Found this old Walthers 75' flat car in a box that I had completely forgotten about. So I dressed it up with air lines, un-coupler bars and air hoses. I've weathered the trucks, wheels and undersides, next will be the body. I couldn't resist putting a load on it though. ;)

100_1292.jpg

100_1293.jpg

Mouse, 2??? Marry that girl,,fast!!

Jerome, awesome stuff as usual!

Crandell, You HAVE come over to the dark side !! LOL!! Nice!!

Now I'll have to look and see what pics I can post!:D

Here's the first shot from my new 20x30" diorama.

This image has a hand painted backdrop that was illuminated with a gelled, wireless Speedlight (external flash). Two additional Speedlights and a reflector were required to complete the lighting. The headlight intensity was brought out during the long exposure. Except for the momentary blast of flash this image was shot in near dark conditions. Basically, the flash provides primary lighting and the long shutter speed "burns in" the detail lights on the locomotive.

Days end brings with it a spectacular Rocky Mountain sunset. Colorado and Southern F3s helpers run light over frosty rails as they coast down the mountain during their return trip to Sedalia. At times the Grande borrows power from the C&S pool to meet the demanding schedule in the Platte Cayon mining district.

1108183431_PttL3-XL.jpg

Back