Weekend Photo Fun 2-27/2-28

V&AL

Fred's Loco Shop Foreman
1:1 scale freelance Supervisor's truck

I'm gonna kick this weekend off early with a 1:1 scale freelance MOW supervisor's truck: (I have duty on Sunday, so it's already the weekend for me!)

TXGC.jpg

VAL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Right here:

VALhighrail.jpg

TXGCHighrailer.jpg

(no if there really are any Chevy Trailblazer Highrailers they would not be set up in this manner, my photochop skills aren't up to the task of making new bumpers...)

Don't they have to correct the wheel base too? The Chevy trucks that they used on the DME had skinny axel widths, but that could have just been the skinny tires making it look that way.

Nice photos above. I love the depth in the one by Grampy.

Here is my more modest entry for the week. :) The image is my entry in the current monthly photo contest here, but I also wanted to showcase my weathering of the Atlas N&W caboose with a peek at it.

-Crandell

IMG_4366sharpr.png

Some photos of the city I am building for a client, this is done in O scale with most of the buildings being scratch (there are some Chooch Ultra Scale fronts in the raised portion and 1 Downtown Deco in the lower portion). This project is about half way to completion. Total length of the city is nearly 25' as it wraps around the corner.

A couple of more shots, the pair of white buildings are the mock-ups for the next build. The last last shot is of a company store that was built early last year for the coal mining area on the layout.

V&AL Did you watch Extreme trains last night. Now that MOW supervisor’s had his problems. My father was a time keeper for the MOW and my brother was some type of super. I not sure what he was in charge of I never asked and we worked on different divisions, but he’s still with Metro North. Thier cars are either yellow or white.

NYC_George

Hi: Adam, I'd say my layout is, maybe, 95% finished. The colors you see in the photo is what you'd see, if you were looking over my shoulder.

Crandell, great photo and scene. My kind of weathering on the caboose. Did you use paint, powders, other? Good job! Oh, and could you have the engineer back the train up, just a little, so we could see a little more of that caboose?

Grampy~ Great viewpoint. Always like to see the detail shots of your layout.

Crandell~ Nice shot. The Chinese laundry is a nice touch. :)

mdcustom~ looks like you've been pretty busy. Looks good.

Thanks, DJ and superduc. The caboose weathering is heavy wash acrylic using the almost dry brush technique, multiple applications of several washes, white, umber, blackish.

-Crandell

Jake says,"Yeah, them E-units might look nice, but I'll take this old girl out anytime!"
Better enjoy it while it lasts!

Crandell, that is a nice shot. I wish I could see more of the caboose, looks like a real nice weathering job. I remember that kit too. Tyco Main Street, I think. They had a real nice line of kits for a while.

MD, I don't know how you have the time to work on all those beautiful structures and build an O gauge layout. You must be like the Energizer bunny! :)

V&AL, nice photoshopping job. I think that's the first 1:1 freelancing job I've seen. You've got to get the radio shop to work and drill some holes for those antennas though. You're losing the ground plane of that nice big roof.

Jeffrey, I'm driving down there with a tank truck to get some of that gas. :D

Gramps, great photo as usual. Like Crandell said, your depth of field is outstanding and really makes your layout look like it goes on for miles.

Karl, Jakes right. The B&O ran right past my school when I was in third grade in 1954 and I used to love watching and listening to the B&) drag freights. It was a double plus because the nun had to shut up until the train went by. :eek:

The old Red Wing Mill used to be good for several car loads a week but now its future, like the sky, is unclear. There is increased competition from the larger mills and it has recently closed and the new owner is trying to decide to reopen it, remodel it into offices or raze it for the new Wal Mart that is supposed to be coming to town. For now the mill is a silent sentinel to the passage of another BN coal train and kept company by a bad ordered hopper set out in its siding.

red.jpg

This was my second choice entry for the photo contest.

Adam, nice work on that scenery. I wish the pictures were a little lighter so I could se more of the detail.

Jeffrey, keep that tank truck there I'll be by to pick it up directly. :)

Paul, breat job on the Red Wing and a nice, nostalgic theme for the picture. Reminds me of driving up old 99W in the Sacramento Valley past rice mills that were starting to deteriorate as more rice fields were taken over by housing.

Back