Weekend Photo Fun 2-20/2-22

Jeffrey, I just got six of those cylindrical hoppers, did you happen to add any weight to yours?

Nice photo Gramps, I hope that train was stopped while you took that shot!

Here are a couple shots from the past week or so...

My freelance road, the SouthWestern Ontario just finished work on a pair of ex CSX nee CR SD60I's. This is one of their first revenue trips, they have gotten a little more dirty over the past few days ;)
swo3802-fbj-021709a.png

I also just finished some Athearn Genesis 60' PS boxcars letter for my club's railroad, the Windsor & Midwestern. These cars were a great deal from Micro-Mark, but the bodies are a little twisted, no wonder they were on sale!
wmrc602117-fbj-021709.jpg

The last few shots are of some well cars I weathered using rubber cement to mask some of the reporting marks. Just paint the area with rubber cement, let it dry, then airbrush the dirt. After the dirt is dry, use your finger to gently rub the rubber-cement off. I am very happy with the result, though I got a little too heavy with the airbrushed dirt I think.
Atlas well car
DTTX456200-fbj-013109.png

Kato 3 unit articulated well car
DTTX732750-fbj-013109.png

Walthers well car
CP527988-fbj-013109.png

And one more... An Athearn SD40-2 that I detailed several years ago. I had this out to see if it still ran, and it did! So I'll be able to bring it to the Essex (Ontario) Train Show next weekend.
cp5742-fbj-013109a.png

For anyone in the Hamilton / Toronto area, the Copetown train show is this Sunday. It is a great time to meet some of the Canadian vendors like Rapido and RailFlyer Model Prototypes.

I must say i do like that scheme myself!! Hopefully i'll be able to come up with something as nice as that for my freelanced rr.

Finally I got my 3 road slugs done. The CSX and Chessie slugs are P2K units, the Mt Airy & Western unit is an old Front Range shell on an Athearn chassis.

How about a remote controlled and B SW1000 combination?

100_3498.jpg

Nice :)

I did some superdetailing to my NYSW SD40T-2 model i've been sloooooooooowly working on for the past year or more. Added the plow, correct rear headlights with deleted mars' lights. lift rings on initia(SP?) hatch, brake cylinders and shocks on trucks. Headlight delete on number boards. Mu hoses to rear pilot and air hose to front thru plow. I should've added mu hoses first to the front pilot. Now I gotta figure out how to mount them with the plow glued already.

Karl, those are some sleek looking slugs. I swear that GP-30's are the only engines that look better as slugs. :)

Jereome, another nice sets of switchers with a unique B unit. Were is this set actually in service?

Steve, Dan, thank you very much.

Jim, It was repainted in BNSF Heritage I. Sadly it was seen working last in Minneapolis, MN. And then at LTEX in MacDonald, OH. I can't find anything else on her since then.

pictures_19661_071022004.jpg

pictures_29650_Cabless.jpg

Crandell, thank you very much. I need to send them to you so you can take some proper pictures on that great layout you have!!!

Jerome,

You are amazing!!

Ever think of trying your modeling skills at an EJ&E SW1001?? Thats the version with the close clearance (lowered) and round top cabs. I'd love to see that done.

Everyone else, your skills are outstanding!!!

Regards,

Joe, thank you!! The SW1001 would be an interesting build. A little of SW1000, SW7 air tank, and the ICG cab. I'll have to look into that one.

Jerome & all,

Here is a photo of the EJ&E SW1001 #444. As you can see in the photo, it is in the mill brown paint scheme. Currently though, it is in the green scheme. So it depends on which era you would like to reproduce. :)

Finally I got my 3 road slugs done. The CSX and Chessie slugs are P2K units, the Mt Airy & Western unit is an old Front Range shell on an Athearn chassis.
What color yellow did you use for the Chessie unit?

Steve, Dan, thank you very much.

Jim, It was repainted in BNSF Heritage I. Sadly it was seen working last in Minneapolis, MN. And then at LTEX in MacDonald, OH. I can't find anything else on her since then.
Jerome, I'd be willing to bet she's either scrapped, or a target for a Genset, but LTE usually scraps switchers, sadly.

What color yellow did you use for the Chessie unit?
To be honest with you, I don't know. I have a friend who is a Chessie fiend and when he heard I was building 2 road slugs, he pressured me into building a 3rd. I said ok, but I would NOT paint it in Chessie. See, I have this long standing issue with anything I have ever painted in Chessie. I can't seem to get it done without an inordinate amount of problems occuring. Any other paint scheme is No Problem! So after construction was completed, I shipped it off to his painter, who paintied it and shipped it back for final assembly. I know its not Armour yellow, looks like floquil reefer yellow to me.

Cool, thanks Karl. I just got done shooting the BQ23-7's shell with Armor Yellow, and it looks decent. I'll have the BQ23-7 done this week hopefully.

The UP C6044AC looks better! :p Can't wait to finish it up, I'll do the Harbor Mist after I finish the BQ23-7.

Back