WEEKEND PHOTO FUN 19 - 20 - 21 Sept

Hi all: Here' a dump truck "bash". I installed a 1949 Ford cab on a late model dump truck chassis.

P1020189-1.png

P1020190-1.png

P1020200-1.png

P1020199-1.png

Recently I got a couple of old Mantua flatcars from a friend. They both looked rather toylike with the scale ten inch high lip around the tops of them. I cut the tops down and leveled them with wallboard joint compound. After they had dried I repainted them both teal blue and flattened the finish with Matte-Finish.

The two flats went from this:

P1010168.jpg

To this:

P1010207.jpg

I needed a couple of gravel roads and kinda turned the glued down sandpaper idea on it's ear. I made a basic roadway with wallboard joint compound and gave it a semi-smooth appearance. After it had dried I spread 1:1 white glue over it and applied a generous layer of fine WS gray ballast. I finished up by sprinkling a little green blended turf on it.

Here's my gravel road:

P1010199.jpg

Last night out of the blue I just decided to make myself a Diorama for my programming track that will go on my workbench. I got a little bored. I still need to lay the track though.
2868369057_86faaf765b.jpg

2868369061_c0657fd5f4.jpg

Last night out of the blue I just decided to make myself a Diorama for my programming track that will go on my workbench. I got a little bored. I still need to lay the track though.

Dash 9 out to pasture?

My only photo is the one I put in for the photo contest.
I tried to make it like the hand tinted photos my parents have from back in the day...
mack080916col.jpg

If there were one diesel I would have from the modern era, it would have to be that BNSF Heritage engine. I would guess that many males interested in railroading would balk at the "purdy colors", but I really like them. :D

I like the images from DJ and from kjd. I want to look back over my shoulder to see who is taking the photos!

Jeff, you have the most interesting layout. You amaze me with all the angles and scenes you manage to produce from week to week. It must be a blast to operate...and to image as well.

Best shot, Steve? I sincerely hope I haven't produced it yet, or I'm in a world of hurt. :D But, a recent decent is this one:

real-thing.png

Paul, I think you just like the manufacturer of that switcher... :) Love the brickwork on the building behind it.

BTW, missed you at the op session - we were definitely running light-handed.

Jeff, you have the most interesting layout. You amaze me with all the angles and scenes you manage to produce from week to week. It must be a blast to operate...and to image as well.
It's like many other layouts out there, just enough scenery to suffice and not over-detailed to the nth degree like some layouts I've seen.

Great work everyone! Great start to the weekend.

I have been doing a lot of little odds and ends this week including some weathering of my USRA 0-6-0 #135. She has been hard at work as always breaking down trains and sorting cars. You see here near the end of the lead at Hopewell Junction with a long string of reefers.

Switcher03w.png

Had to go all the way to the switch at the main with them to clear Track #6 where the first few cars need to be placed.

Switcher02w.png

Switcher01w.png

You probably have guessed that like some others have posted, these are the also rans for my entry in the Monthly contest. Still have a bit of work to do on that one.........

BTW, the switch target actually works, changing as the turnout is thrown.

Gramps, nice kitbash backdating that dump truck. Came out looking real good.

Jeffrey, I like your gravel road idea. That pickup truck looks like someone's been growing a lawn in the bed. Must be all that rain you've had. :)

Mike, nice little diorama for a programming track. Mine's just a few pieces of E-Z track mounted on a shelf but a diorama might look good.

Paul, nice MACK critter you've got there. Any relation to the family?

Crandell, very nice looking CP van. Who made the kit? That paint looks so good I won't even complain that it looks too clean. :D

Jeffrey, you've illustrated what I hate most about E-Z track switches. As you've shown, you can ballast E-Z track and have it look good but you need to leave that slot on the side of the switch clear or you gum up the works. I wish they gave you an option of a remote switch machine.

Ray, very nice little 0-6-0 you have. I really like that switchstand. I like those rail lines in the bottom picture too. Are they being laid or torn up?

Paul, nice MACK critter you've got there. Any relation to the family?

Unfortunately not, but my father-in-law's first childhood house in Philadelphia was about 2 blocks down Brouse Street from the Mack's and he would go trick or treating there.

Jeff, I didn't get an invite but couldn't have made it anyway as I was in Idaho for my dad's 70th.

Nice photos all, keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, it is a Trueline RTR only purchasable by those who end their sentences with a rising inflection uttering the sound, "eh?"
:p

Back