Weeekly Photo Fun 3/2 - 3/8

Here's our progress on the water and surrounding banks of the Owl Creek and its bridge. One day there will be an occurrence here. (Does anyone know what I am referring to?)

QUOTE]

Would you be referring to "An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce? Haha, I've studied it in school. Good story, crazy ending!

One obscure reference that you probably aren't aware of is that a couple of hundred feet north of where I am sitting is West Otter Creek running through our pasture. Undoubtedly that is not the reference you meant. :D

NS7208 hauls a cut of autoracks through midtown on their way to the yard.

041.jpg

A pair of NS locos hauls a roadrailer train past the intermodal yard and out on the mains.

007-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve that CNJ engine looks amazing with that paint job and chevrons!

Thanks :) Would look even better if the numberboards didn't get stuck to a piece of garbage and accidentally thrown out. I had them on a piece of painters tape to paint and well they are gone. So now im going to call IM and pray they can help me out.

Great stuff this week all!

Well with little fanfare and just a faint wimpering the Fuerst Matthes Pulp and Paper Mill #2 came to an untimely end with approximately seventy five HO workers left unemployed!
Good thing it was constructed sectional with hurricane ties and screwed from the bottom!
Next will be the Wall Subdivision followed by Spencer Yards and the City of Mallory.

For the first time ever I am building a new layout while still tearing down the old one, talk about mixed emotions!:confused:

Since I have changed my railroad to a D&H theme, I have been spending a great deal more time downstairs. The latest additions are an Athern BB U30c D&H 710 and an Athearn BB N&W U30b high hood. I remotored the U30c and it is compatable with my Atlas GP 39-2. The U30b was built by a friend and I painted, decaled and motored it. Runs well and I love the blue. Now I have 5 more U30c's and 6 GP 38's to do in the D&H lightning scheme....should be cross eyed by next christmas!!

Thanks :) Would look even better if the numberboards didn't get stuck to a piece of garbage and accidentally thrown out. I had them on a piece of painters tape to paint and well they are gone. So now im going to call IM and pray they can help me out.

The dangers of small parts :eek:

My layout

With all the questions I have asked I thought I would post some pics of my long in progress layout. It's about 27 by 11 ft. I call it the Hope railroad, because one day I hope to get it done. Thanks for those who have answered my questions. CF.

Since I have changed my railroad to a D&H theme, I have been spending a great deal more time downstairs. The latest additions are an Athern BB U30c D&H 710 and an Athearn BB N&W U30b high hood. I remotored the U30c and it is compatable with my Atlas GP 39-2. The U30b was built by a friend and I painted, decaled and motored it. Runs well and I love the blue. Now I have 5 more U30c's and 6 GP 38's to do in the D&H lightning scheme....should be cross eyed by next christmas!!

Aye, ye may be crosseyed by Christmas, but you'le have a fine lookin fleet!:D

Gettin a soft spot for the D&H myself, got a C-420 in the paint shop now! Got a few PA's and a pair of sharks, then this wandered in a few weeks ago!
DHU23B.JPG

Finally got the other set of athearn handrails for the sd40-2. Then painted the yellow on the railings with pactra daytona yellow paint.
0307122050.png

0307122051a.png

And on this shot, am I missing a small piece along the steps that the stanchion is supposed to go in?
0307122051.png

And my furry little helper, Reba.
0307122034.png

Back