Weeekly Photo Fun 3/2 - 3/8

Rico

BN Modeller
Well someone has to get this started, may as well be me!

The boys down at the mill just got a new toy!
The salesman says it could shave two hours off the workday, the foreman says put a toilet seat in it and it'll save three! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
P1010528.jpg

This last week I applied the L&A decals to my Rivarossi/Athearn U25C.

P1010533.jpg

A very nice start to the weekend folks!

I finally have something worth showing here.... For the most part I have been clearing out the old and relaying sub roadbed in the part of the layout I am rebuilding, but I did get to doing some details on the powerhouse. Any good flat roof must be properly drained, and the smart contractors make sure the roof drains to the outside of the building... So I needed some 1920 style of drainpipes. Decided to use iron pipe similar to what used to be used for household sewer pipes. First I fabricated them from Plastruct tubing and elbows:

Downspouts01w.png

Then I weathered them to show a bit of accumulated rust:

Downspouts02w.png

They were then CA glued to the sides of the structure:

Downspouts03w.png

Before:

Downspouts04w.png

After:

Downspouts05w.png

Before:

Downspouts06w.png

After (notice you can see the stairway from the main floor to the lower level also):

Downspouts07w.png

Hey, that guy taking his hat off in GGP's picture--I know him! He works (or tries to evade working) at Saurian Skin Care, "Industrial Products for Beauty":

IMG_4767.JPG

Weekly photo/update

Well it has been a while since I have been on here. I 've been busy with that for letter word (work) and going to school. So here is a little recap from 7 months ago.

Tight quarters and big machines dont mix, as Jimmy found out as he was maneuvering to pick up a load of scrap ties:

IMAG0722.jpg

Tight quarters and big machines dont mix, as Jimmy found out as he was maneuvering to pick up a load of scrap ties:

It happens, as the photos below attest. This smashed truck is near one of the roads to one of the coal mines in the Powder River Basin.
attachment.php

This photo with the front wheel of a 300 ton haul truck was taken from inside an SUV when waiting to cross the haul road at a mine in Colorado.
attachment.php

My photo of the week is this mediocre shot from the WGH show in Portland last weekend. If you'd rather look at the ceiling and Scott and Clint's heads I could send you the original. I wish I'd taken time to get a shot with larger depth of field.
attachment.php

Hey Paul, I remember seeing that train! I came by while while you were setting up for that shot....

Here's our progress on the water and surrounding banks of the Owl Creek and its bridge. One day there will be an occurrence here. (Does anyone know what I am referring to?)

The bridge in the distance is almost 4 inches over the water, the foreground bridge is about 2.5 inches above the water, and the two lines in front are obviously just above the water.

The water is a brownish blue along the edges, but the photo doesn't show it well....will be quite some time before I actually use water effects materials.

Maybe I should call it the Otter Creek instead. Something will happen to the Otter creek as well, but not the same occurrence as the Owl Creek Bridge.

Any guesses as to what I am alluding to?

Back