Walthers modulars

Bread&steel

I never built anything with Walthers modulars because I didn't think it was a good value. At $10 a box and the need for many boxes to complete even a small building it just didn't made sense to me. But now we have the big 60% off sale. I've built two building already. For only $4 a box I've been going crazy! Has anyone else done the same? This is one of my projects. ARCTIC REFRIGERATION Built to fit a certain space, I've added a Miller Engineering animated neon sign.

th_5677-0-0001.png

You did a good job at this , good job

Thanks Alen .... I think others have had the same feeling about the price and Walters sales were not as expected. I think it might be discontinued after there inventory has run out

Last edited by a moderator:
B&S, I bought their modular kits back a good while ago on a sale. Keep in mind that once you have the kits, you can build many buildings from them and of your own design. When you consider this, you do save money.

I have some of all and love the flexibility I have to make a building fit the situation or space. The parts definitely go together better than DPM or others; I just wish they would expand the selection to include different sidings.

Very neat work on your building ;).

I also have a few modulars that I used to make several small industries on my layout. They give you a lot of flexibility in design and, with some creative thinking, you can build an almost endless variation of structures. I don't think they were a bad deal for the money at the regular price and they are a real bargain on sale. I agree with Rex that it would be nice if the offered other than the basic brick for walls and had loading dock doors that worked but they are still a great value for the kit basher.

Wow, I might have to snatch up a few of those kits... The 3-in-1 building, #2 is only $18!

I ended up with 14 of the things and am trying to find building ideas--not too many buildings out where I'm protolancing---but the dioramic possibilities!!!;);):D:D:D

Very nice example of how flexible those kits are, Joe. The red brick color came out really good.

Very nice buildings guys! I also wait for the sales to get the modular kits. As mentioned, it takes up to four or five different packs to make one building so even a simple shop can cost over forty dollars at $10- $13 a kit! I do enjoy having unique buildings that no one else has however, like Vandalay Industries...

Remember the Bachmann Plus Skyscrapers? They only lasted about 5 years before they 1/4ed the price & got rid of all of it. I think Walthers will probably do the same thing.
All of these mfgrs. try to sell a product at the price of Gold at the start & they can't sell them fast enough, so they stop. I might be wrong about these modulars & because the economy has slowed down the buying process they may just be overstocked & trying to lower their inventories. Time will tell.

Larry

I remember those Bachmann towers... Wish I had bought them when Walthers cleared them out. eBay prices are decent on them, but...

Larry,
I figure I have about $25 bucks in it and I have enough spare parts to build another small building.

A real bargain ! I think they will run out shortly. Word is spreading. I bought enough parts to build another large building. It will be my third :D

I just ordered two of the #2 building for the sale price. However the $10.00 packs don't seem to be on sale, per the Walther's website. Anyhow, I'm anxious to see the kits first hand. Then I can brainstorm some kitbashing possibilities! :D

I just ordered two of the #2 building for the sale price. However the $10.00 packs don't seem to be on sale, per the Walther's website. Anyhow, I'm anxious to see the kits first hand. Then I can brainstorm some kitbashing possibilities! :D

I checked........the box sale is over ! I'm glad I didn't procrastinate :)

Back