Walthers Great Circus Train Accessories

Anybody still playing here? I've made some good buys lately and started to build the layout the Circus Trains will traverse.

I know these posts are several years old, bu I too am looking for a comprehensive lsit of Circus Train Accessory wagons. If anyone could provide me with one, it would be most helpful.

Thank You

Jonathan

Thank you. It wasa interesting reading back thru time. I have about half of the great circus train accessories, and many duplicates that have been given me over the years. I'm working on finishing ou the collection with EBAY, and now that I know what I'm missing, it will be easier.

They must have made a LOT of pole wagons. that seems to be all I can find.

How is everyone coming along on their circus trains?

I recently learned that there is also a series of wagons made by Circus Train Miniatures, anyone got a list?

Ive seen quite a few on ebay recently, most sell for some big bucks. I think Sparkling Star Models has released a few and currently show in stock. They look the same, but maybe not.

I was wondering why those were selling for such high prices. I dont understand what the fuss is about personally.

Some of the wagons made by Sparkling Star and Circus Train Miniatures represent wagons on The Great Circus Train that Walther's never produced. And, I suspect, were produced in much smaller numbers.

That's great, Joe. I have recorded these 'new' numbers. However it beggars the question: If these numbers, 1392, 1393 and 1394 exist, then what of 1390 and 1391? I wonder of what models they could be?
Ashley

So after 4 years, I found the answer for you. 1390 is a Barnes wagon chassis and 1391 is a Golmar wagon chassis. Sold in a clear plastic bag on a Walthers hang card.

Hi
im from Australia as well.
do you only discuss Walthers circus gear on here.?
I am building a circus train at the moment ,that I've had since 1993 ,and only just pulled it out of the cupboards for building.
i managed to get the circus train flats for the great circus train ,and two sets of Royal American Shows flats and stock cars.
as I'm not happy with the museum circus train ,I'm looking at sending them into the spray booth for repainting. Either red or blue.
have quite a few of the walthers kits for the circus wagons but never got to get them all, occasionally I find the odd one on eBay.
do have a heap of wardie jays to finish,and a large number of Simmons kits........nice little kits for building as they lend themselves to kit bashing very well.
was also lucky enough to purchase four cummons kits for tab and cage wagons.
will post pics at a later date as I progress with building.
mick.

Back