Very disappointed with MB Klein

The thing that rubbed my fur backwards and then OFF was not being able to buy more than 5 of any one kind of rollers! It did not mater who, MBK, Trainworld, Factory Direct, Amazon, every time I tried to order large numbers of something it was 'out of stock'! I'd try 10, no-go, 7, no-go, ok 5 and it would accept THAT! What is there, a ration limit? I THOUGHT the stuff was for SALE! Exchange money for items? yes? WHY the limit? I'm willing to pay RETAIL!!! My goal of having trains with 100 rollers all the same is apparently NOT ALLOWED??? Ordering 5 a day was too ridiculous to contemplate! That would be just plain silly! 5 a day for weeks! yea, right.

Who cares how long it takes if you can't even order it!

The thing that rubbed my fur backwards and then OFF was not being able to buy more than 5 of any one kind of rollers! It did not mater who, MBK, Trainworld, Factory Direct, Amazon, every time I tried to order large numbers of something it was 'out of stock'! I'd try 10, no-go, 7, no-go, ok 5 and it would accept THAT! What is there, a ration limit? I THOUGHT the stuff was for SALE! Exchange money for items? yes? WHY the limit? I'm willing to pay RETAIL!!! My goal of having trains with 100 rollers all the same is apparently NOT ALLOWED??? Ordering 5 a day was too ridiculous to contemplate! That would be just plain silly! 5 a day for weeks! yea, right.

Who cares how long it takes if you can't even order it!

That is probably the best thing I like about MTStuff, they do tell you how many they have in stock at any given time, which I have yet to find another seller (except on the 'Bay) that does. As far as limited stock allowances, I believe there be actual rationing. Manufacturers only make enough of a model line (road numbers, prototype specifics) that they think will sell out quickly, that's how it's been for some time now, no-one wants loads of unsold stock sitting in inventory.

That is probably the best thing I like about MTStuff, they do tell you how many they have in stock at any given time, which I have yet to find another seller (except on the 'Bay) that does.

There are may dealers who feature real time inventory.
Thanks , Mike

The thing that rubbed my fur backwards and then OFF was not being able to buy more than 5 of any one kind of rollers! It did not mater who, MBK, Trainworld, Factory Direct, Amazon, every time I tried to order large numbers of something it was 'out of stock'! I'd try 10, no-go, 7, no-go, ok 5 and it would accept THAT!
Plus Trainworld is a liquidator, and Factory Direct used to be a liquidator of BLI. They often buy up the last portions of production runs, so they might get 200 or just 2 units of certain items.

BTW - We don't even run 100 car trains at the museum with 20.5 smiles of main line. I think our longest is the glow worm tank train at 96 cars. Most are 65 or under. Besides operational issues with the longer trains, when they are that long they start running through multiple "scenes" at a time and it ruins the visual effect to guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus Trainworld is a liquidator, and Factory Direct used to be a liquidator of BLI. They often buy up the last portions of production runs, so they might get 200 or just 2 units of certain items.

Of course, liquidation prices usually provide the greatest markdown. Still have to catch the deal at the right time, to benefit. Back in the day, I used Standard Hobby up in North Jersey, and as long as the product was in stock, you could get a good deal on it. Problem, was not everything was ever in stock.

Back