Union Pacific water tender

I was intersted to see the comments about the Overland 3-unit Turbines and especially their value. I bought one of these this year in brass (not painted) for £400 ($633).
Regards,
Colin.

The current brass guide put out by Dan Glasure shows that the original models came in at right around $1,000.00 US for an unpainted one (last run, powered A unit only). He wants $1,850.00 for the one he has now (that is where the link I posted went). These are quite a challenge to paint and no doubt why the big jump in price. You got a good deal on yours, but that's the thing with brass. You might get lucky on e-bay, run across something at a swap meet or an estate sale, but you can't necessarily use that to set the value of the model. I once paid just over $300.00 for a brass steamer, and the same model sold for between $400 and $600 USD the next three times I saw it on e-bay. Some days you get lucky, some not! That's what makes it fun.:D

There were also many runs of the same model, and values can vary from run to run. Early Overlands often had solder issues...tons of cold joints, so they may sell for less. Right now I'm painting an Overland steamer for a friend, and it has essentially re-kitted itself due to bad solder joints. I have almost as much time invested in rebuilding it as I have in painting it!

Got my tender, fit nicely behind my loco
Came in an impressive box:
5077703012_2ac047c603_b.jpg

5077704168_7b5b746904_b.jpg

5077111801_95dd5ff790_b.jpg

Back