Turntable

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

new guy

I'm sure it was on this very forum that pictures were posted of similar "animal" to the one in the photo. A man scratch built one on a scratch built dock in his (you guessed it!) scratch built water scene, it was a marvel of scratch building! Hand carts, I do believe, are what that is for.

Rico

BN Modeller
Hey there's one similar to that a few miles from me.
It's for a tramway for the St Andrews Lock and Dam on the red river.
I had pictures at one time, I'll do some digging.

I saw something similar in a historical piece on a brewery that had it's own railway. Mostly almost-square flatcars and some passenger cars for 4 people.

tootnkumin

Staff member
That's actually quite a fancy one, most are just a piece of disconnected track at 90deg, with if lucky a small shed to store the handcart in. Gets manhandled on and off the track.

tootnkumin

Staff member
How about "Jigger" then, the common name in NZ (not sure 'bout Aus, have to check), otherwise, motorised ones are referred to as "Speeders"

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.