Tsunami2, T-1100 Startup "Idle Chuff" Turnoff....

I am finishing up an FSM Water Tank/Tool Shed, and have Animated the the Water Spout. I've installed a Tsunami 2, T-1100 to Drive the Tamiya 1600:1 Gear Box, and to use the Waterstop Sound from Loading Water into my Geared Locos. However, as with all of my Soundtraxx Decoders, whenever power is turned on, all my Locos have the distinctive "Idle Chuff". I've looked all thru my manuals, and have not determined how to shut it off. What I'm after is to only have the "Waterstop" and "Ash Dump" Sound coming from this one Decoder, and only when I'm "Filling My Tanks", and then to remap those two Functions to Lower Function Numbers for my 8-Function UT Throttle. Does anyone have any info for Turning off that Idle Chuffing?

Much Appreciated,

Logger Mike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not certain, but I don't think you can turn off or turn down those idle/neutral sounds unless you do it via the master volume CV. If you CAN, then it will be the CV controlling the volume of the Worthington cross-compound or single lung air pump. That panting you hear from all steamers when they aren't venting exhaust steam from the cylinders, meaning they're also in motion, is from the air pump.

Did a small manual come with the decoder, showing what CV's do what and which, with their volume defaults? That's one thing about the Genesis locos, they include all that info with the booklet that they supply. I only have the diesel manual, but all the various sounds have CV's that control each sound's volume. Then it's just a matter of setting a value for that one. The Master volume control CV adjusts all sounds at the same time, up or down.

Not a manual per se, just the typical installation card and functions guide. I've downloaded the T2 Steam manual. I'll also try Selectors suggestion for the compound and/or single pumps....

I've just been looking at that one myself. Page 47 has the CV for the air pump, the volume control is CV132 and to shut off the sound is V=0.

Thanks Toot for the Lead.....I actually still need the sound....For the Waterstop and Ash Dump, only when Filling the Loco's....I'll let you what I come up with.

Mike

I saw the waterstop mentioned, not sure now if it was in that section. As you only want those to be the sounds heard, then all other sounds will need to be turned off too I would think, to be sure. There's a lot of reading in those manuals and info is often not where it always seems logical.

Tsunami2, T-1100 Startup "Idle Chuff" Turnoff....

I contacted Soundtraxx, and they lead me to the sheets in the user manual to which one of two to try and turn down the CVs.....gonna try it tonight, and I'll post the results.

Mike

I've had to contact them a couple of times to sort out issues, usually something I've stuffed up doing. Very helpful.

Okay, looks like I got it to be Quiet....

Here's the reply I got from Soundtraxx, and just now had chance to test......

Mike,

Thank you for contacting SoundTraxx Support. On page 37 of the Tsunami2 Steam User's Guide there is a list of Primary Mixer Volume Level CVs. The sounds you're hearing are likely the Air Pump (CV132) or Blower (CV134). Try turning these down one at a time to see if the sound goes away. Please contact us at the number below for further assistance, we are happy to help.

Thank you,

Justin Revard
Customer Support
SoundTraxx

Well, I just set CV 132=0, and it quieted the Decoder right off the Bat. So there you have it. When I get my Locos w/Econami's out of Storage, I'll have to try that too. That's for the help guys. Hope this was helpful!

Logger Mike

Back