tooter's train collection...

tooter

play every day
This is my train collection so far... :)

IMG_5069.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_5080.jpg

IMG_5082.jpg

...but still no layout yet. :rolleyes:

Tooter,

Very Cool. I like your collection :). It's so well organized and almost symetrical in the picture. Kind of hard to tell by picture but what scale is your collection?

All the best,

Hi Uke, :)

It's just standard HO scale...
...except that everything in the collection was either selected or heavily modified to be extremely short so as to be able to easily negotiate steep winding 10 inch radius curves I'm planning to use in the layout.

Greg

Cool to see it all together, nice collection!
I'd love to see you put couplers on the Bachman Gandy Dancer and pull a couple of those scooters around! :)

Cool to see it all together, nice collection!
I'd love to see you put couplers on the Bachman Gandy Dancer and pull a couple of those scooters around! :)

You're reading my mind, Rico... ;)

IMG_5087.jpg

I stripped down a Bachmann Gandy Dancer to make a little mining engine to pull the ore cars.

Greg

Wow!what a great collection. I'm a great follower of your thread usually can't wait to see what you build next. Fantastic and well done

Cheers
Willis

Hi Shark, :)

I started out never having had a layout so I don't know what torture is. It took the whole evening to unpack and repack everything, but I needed to take inventory, as I had just been acquiring engines and cars and piling them up in a big plastic bin. Some things I had even forgotten I had.

Presently, I'm levelling the floor in the basement, and will be building a little layout table soon. :)

Greg

Wow!what a great collection. I'm a great follower of your thread usually can't wait to see what you build next. Fantastic and well done

Cheers
Willis

Thanks for the kind words, Willis... :)
It's been so much fun searching out oddball Ho stuff. If I had been able to build a layout right from the start, I wouldn't have gotten so involved in building kits and modifying cars. So it has all worked out for the best because it forced me to cultivate some halfway decent modelling skills which I can now apply to building a layout. :)

Greg

I like that little one in the middle of the second row from the bottom in the first pic! An EMD 40 isn't big but it looks rather large next to the little Mack.

They're among my favorites. I like little center cab industrial engines that look the same going in either direction...:)

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that pantograph!!! Is it live?

I have always wanted to try a catenary system. It would be cool with that little guy :)

No, not live... but it's set up to be easily connected. And I agree, it would be really neato... but one thing that puts me off of wanting to build a catanary system is the prohibitive cost. Dang, those poles are sky high! :eek:

Greg

I like that little one in the middle of the second row from the bottom in the first pic! An EMD 40 isn't big but it looks rather large next to the little Mack.

I was just about to comment on that. The EMD 40 dwarfs the Mack!

Greg, once again, marvelous collection.
some day i will own E69 loco as well.

Those little locos pop up on ebay all the time... :)

But there's always the one that got away... :(
I was watching someone who had a brand new blue and white Fleischmann "Eidelweiss" set on ebay and I MISSED the end of the auction! :eek::( This was a brand new in the box E69 rack and pinion loco with three matching passenger cars and a baggage car... and a huge set of track racks... the whole set went for $120!

Greg

Back