Took a relaxing break in the form of

AirbrushNo5

This Athearn? FMC boxcar… I picked it up without a box…
Started this AM…
Tamiya XF-86 flat coat… thinned Tamiya Flat White fade coat…. Rustoleum Clear Flat… W&N Raw Umber + Van Dyck Brown oil washes… Tamiya grime mix here and there…. sealed with Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish spray can
Before and after pics…
IMG_9606.png
IMG_9605.jpeg

A blob of oil paint on a palette of sorts with a little blue label Turpenoid in the depression next to the oil…
Just mix them together with a brush to whatever consistency you want…weak…strong…

The thing I like about using Turpenoid as a thinner is that it evaporates relatively quickly…so you can apply the oils…remove them…leave them…modify them…or seal them with say Tamiya XF-86 clear flat a short time later depending how heavy they were applied…generally a wash type application is dry within the hour…

In the case of the SCL car… the oils went on about 2 PM and were sealed with the Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish about 2:45…at 3 PM, I had the car flipped over and taking off trucks/wheels to paint them…

A blob of oil paint on a palette of sorts with a little blue label Turpenoid in the depression next to the oil…
Just mix them together with a brush to whatever consistency you want…weak…strong…

The thing I like about using Turpenoid as a thinner is that it evaporates relatively quickly…so you can apply the oils…remove them…leave them…modify them…or seal them with say Tamiya XF-86 clear flat a short time later depending how heavy they were applied…generally a wash type application is dry within the hour…

In the case of the SCL car… the oils went on about 2 PM and were sealed with the Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish about 2:45…at 3 PM, I had the car flipped over and taking off trucks/wheels to paint them…
Thanks for the explanation.

Back