The description says WHAT????

Looks like a Google Translate or some such. I think it says "needs a little work" then would be a good runner, or something like that.

Looks like a Google Translate or some such. I think it says "needs a little work" then would be a good runner, or something like that.

"Traveling, but was confirmed thank you who can, such as a little heavy maintenance adjustment. . It is made ​​in Japan brass precision model. There is no relatively feeling. Thank you at the precise model to be familiar with a person aged secondhand goods and understanding. We fine scratches dirt dullness like status quo. Original box there, but it damaged, such as tear stains. Overlay sponge is not in the box. Coal has riding. Stains, such as the secular spots are scattered in the tender side."

I agree, I think it means, 'needs a little work', but it runs.

If you look directly below the description, the seller states he does not speak English well, and is using a translation program.

"There is no relatively feeling. Thank you at the precise model to be familiar with a person aged secondhand goods and understanding." and Stains, such as the secular spots are scattered in the tender side."

Geez that almost sounds like it's describing me for crying out loud! :p

At near $AU10 Grand, I think there might be some import duty to pay on that. I can't see the description, but do have a massive amount of what looks like code. Big engine with bits hangin' off everywhichwhere and an ugly face...........love it.

[FONT=&amp]Traveling, but was confirmed thank you who can, such as a little heavy maintenance adjustment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Runs but needs tuning to run smoothly?

It is made ​​in Japan brass precision model.

Obvious

There is no relatively feeling.

Flux capacitor broken? (Actually guessing it means no momentum or flywheel?)

Thank you at the precise model to be familiar with a person aged secondhand goods and understanding We fine scratches dirt dullness like status quo.

It's used and not perfect.

[/FONT]

Considering All that, what's it's realistic value. And if it's way overpriced, how do you translate (You're Dreamin' sport" into Japanese.

Considering All that, what's it's realistic value. And if it's way overpriced, how do you translate (You're Dreamin' sport" into Japanese.

That's the same in any language. You don't click "BUY".

As for the price, it sure seems high to me, but Brass is an odd collector's market, and pricing varies on many factors, most notably how rare the model is and how bad the buyer wants it. If you model C&O and really want that model, then maybe, just maybe, it's not so bad. But a lot of brass is bought and sold by collectors, and often sits on the shelf and isn't run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be in $YEN ?

Nope. $7500 US dollars. Even for ultra-rare brass, that seems pretty darn pricey for an engine that's not in pristine condition. The thing is, though, eBays listings can be quite delusional. I've seen some really ridiculous prices on stuff, and while some of it is obviously a typo that the seller just hasn't noticed, some of it is also people who think that a rare piece of broken junk is just as valuable as one in brand new condition. I guess to the right person that's desperate for parts or something it might be.

Its a mid 1970's era H8 (made for PFM) with tarnish and maybe a dry gearbox or two. $750 tops.

Back