The decision has been made

rzw0wr

Newbie Switchman
I have decided that I just don't have the space to make the railroad I WANT.
Not the one I may need but, want.

I have decided to win the Power Ball lottery this week for $400 million.
I will allow 3 others to win also if needed.

I need to build a new house just for the layout I want.

5 or 6 thousand MAY do it. 10 thousand would be better.

The decision has been made.

I may also hire a few from this forum to come help me design and build this layout.
Applications are now being accepted. Please attach a complete resume'.
Apply within.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have decided that I just don't have the space to make the railroad I WANT.
I have the space, but I realized even if I could build it, I would end up spending all my time maintaining it. Sooo my plan for 400mil would be to hire people to maintain it.

But to another point ... 10 thousand? I don't understand what are you doing for 10K?

I have the space, but I realized even if I could build it, I would end up spending all my time maintaining it. Sooo my plan for 400mil would be to hire people to maintain it.

But to another point ... 10 thousand? I don't understand what are you doing for 10K?

Thought you were going to build a new house for the layout and spend 10K to purchase materials for the layout. LOL.
So you want to pay people $10k to maintain it? Welll like I said - figure out how I can be one of the other lotto winners and then I can be financialy set to help you build it : ) - BTW wages are $10k for how much work?? If that's a year - too low. : )

Is the 10,000 the sq footage? Sounds about right.
Oh of course. square footage. Now I understand. Yes, that is just over what I have (8904 sf.), and about what the museum is. It does take about 6 people 8 hours a week just to maintain the museum layout, so 48 hours/week minimum.

Ohhh, never thought about maintenance.
OH well with 500 million I would be able to handle to hire a few for that.

I honestly wouldn't want that much money. After a certain point, you don't own the money, the money owns you.

I honestly wouldn't want that much money. After a certain point, you don't own the money, the money owns you.
I am willing to take that risk.

And you can set it up so it doesn't control you. Self restraint is a huge part. Keeping a degree of aninimoty is another.

“Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies and cuts through to the essence of the evolutionary spirit.” (Gordon Gekko)

Greed does not seemed to have helped Bernie Madoff. Perhaps if he'd been a model railroader, he'd have been modeling in 12"=1' scale?

He would have been better off winning the lottery.

Well bummer. I just checked my lottery numbers.
I guess I will have to stick with the space and layout I have.
Please excuse me while I go off into a corner and cry. :(

When we were looking for a new house, one of the 'wish list' houses had a 60x60 airplane hangar on the property. I was drooling over the HO Scale possibilities [sighhhhh] but the house itself wasn't laid out very well AND it was a bit above our price range.

And even though NC had one of the PowerBall winners last night, it wasn't me :-(

Back