The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
'shroom - as far as I can determine, the problem is on your end. I'd complain to Adelphia. Tell them you can't access IP address 67.43.68.39 - and everyone else not on Adelphia can.

The 67.x.x.x network was only released for use a year or two ago, so it's possible that it's still marked as bogus in some router filter on their network.

IT'S ALIVE!

Mornin' Flo. Just coffee for now. Feel like I went thru a washer wringer. I believe yesterday was my worse day. At least my fever is gone. I laid down about 1:30PM to take a nap and didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning. I have a tendancy to sleep when I'm sick and boy did I do some yesterday.

Stan- Be waiting to hear from you. Hope its to the positive. Its a good idea and one that I hope we can continue.

NZRMac- Hope the planning form Rex sent you for me helps you settle on the Railroad. If you need an example of one filled out, let me or Rex know, I can send you one. While the form won't design the layout, it will give you in B&W what you have in your head to help you design it.

Well gotta go and see the MD again this mornin'. My 6 month lab work came back and she wants to discuss it with me. That generally means something is outta whack, or she needs to change a prescription. As if I'm not taking enough pills now!

BBL

Ken: That's $65.75us a night? Wow! Great price for such a nice apartment and to be so near everything. Send me a ticket and I will book it for a month. Who said I was kidding? :)

CJ: Glad your moving around today, but sure wish you had gone down to Auburn and visited with the team while you still had a fever. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sabrina, I'll have an order of breaded mozzarela sticks with Marinara dip, and a wild-cherry Pepsi.

Good afternoon guys n' gals,

I lucked out and didn't have to actually do any jury duty today, now I can go on with my life. On the MRR front, since I nixed the idea of installing turntables, I'll continue applying the base coat of earth-colored latex to the bare styrofoam/plywood areas. My main honey-do for Saturday is to take my 10yr-old daughter Catherine to a matinee show as a belated birthday present. [She didn't want any of her siblings along, just Dad!] Wish I could post her picture but she's totally camera-shy, she sometimes hangs out in the trainroom with [7yr-old] Stephanie and hides before I can focus! One of these days...

NZRMac said:
We are very excited, I can't wait to mow the lawn!!
NZKen, I've dreamed up some of my best MRR ideas while riding on my lawn tractor. I'm sure you'll be getting a commercial-quality mowing machine for a property that size!

Carey - looks like you got some much-needed sleep, it's amazing how much faster a body heals itself with adequate rest.

Jeff - I finally saw your pics, looks like your layout is going thru a growth spurt eh?

Back to work, TTFN

KenL yup she's a beauty

Me_On_Mower.JPG

It's a 48" cut, 22HP oh the power!!

Ken

Hi Flo and everyone! Just time for a quick cuppa joe.

I now know what I will be doing this weekend (other than watching ALA/Auburn game)...got one of my Tsunami decoders in (see DCCthread) YEA! YEA!

a084.gif

Hi to all the gang

Fergie, finally made it here.....I had problems because I had mistyped my username choice when registering, and I had a devil of time getting it corrrected.....played "tennis" with web folks until today. How's the coffee Fergie?

grayfox1119 said:
Fergie, finally made it here.....I had problems because I had mistyped my username choice when registering, and I had a devil of time getting it corrrected.....played "tennis" with web folks until today. How's the coffee Fergie?
Hello Dick! I see Fergie guided you over here, I'll put on a fresh pot just for you. BTW I'm known as "CSX_road_slug" over here, I sign my name "KenL" to differentiate from New Zealand Ken (NZRMac).

Cjcrescent said:
NZRMac- Hope the planning form Rex sent you for me helps you settle on the Railroad. If you need an example of one filled out, let me or Rex know, I can send you one. While the form won't design the layout, it will give you in B&W what you have in your head to help you design it.

Thanks Cj looks pretty good, an example maybe good to see. I'm having difficulty placeing industries etc. I do have other things on my mind to tho, moving etc.

Cheers!! Ken.

Fergmiester said:
Yes but can it shovel/throw snow?:eek:

If not I'll have to invite Ken L up for a storm or two

Fergie

Hey! Where's the smokestack and siderods? What kind of trick is being played on us?

It's for what? Grass? No, thanks, never use the stuff.......

My old lawn tractor was a green one; John Deere. Loved it, but moved back into town with a lawn so small it didn't make sense to ride. You know, "Nothing runs like a Deere!" (or smells like a John!) (Aussie/Kiwi translation: John = loo, head, library, the little room down the hall.) LOL

Darrell, quiet...for now

grayfox1119 said:

Let's just say "Crisp". Funny how things solidify when you take too long to pour it! Once I get the pot chipped out I'll make a fresh pot!

Oh look! The first snow flake,

HA Ha made ya look!

Later Gents

MR show in Dartmouth tomorrow. Hope to see Der5997

Fergie

Coffee please there Flo.

NZRMac- I have forwarded a completed form to Rex and hopefully he'll get it to you.

Fergie: Snowflake huh? Well believe it or not the NWS is saying that due to a cold core low coming thru here Sun night there IS a possiblity that it will be cold enough for a few of those little jewels. Otherwise just a real cold rain. About as cold as it can be without freezing.

grayfox1119 said:

Glad you finally got things up and running. As for the web "folks" when it comes to stuff like modifying user names, there's one. He runs 4 forums, has a day job since this one is slave labors and works on a steam train on the weekends. In his spare time he...

Who knows what he'd do, since he doesn't HAVE any spare time. :)

PS - In case you haven't figured it, the entire tech staff consists of me, myself and I. Thankfully I do have a group of dedicated volunteers that keep things running smoothly here, or I couldn't do this at all. But for some stuff I'm simply the only one who can do it.

modelbob said:
PS - In case you haven't figured it, the entire tech staff consists of me, myself and I. Thankfully I do have a group of dedicated volunteers that keep things running smoothly here, or I couldn't do this at all. But for some stuff I'm simply the only one who can do it.
..And we all appreciate what you're doing! Hail ModelBob!

Hi Dick and welcome to the forum.

KenL/CJ: Saw your post about railimages.com. Yup, they are really messed up. I looked at the trainboard and they are having big time problems. They still have old harddrive so maybe we won't lose our photos. Fortunately, I still have mine on file. I have been planning on organizing them and putting them on this photo gallery. I placed a couple over there in the members section a few minutes ago.

Got my Tsunami installed and will post pictures in the WPF if someone starts it.

Edit: Never mind. I went ahead and got the WPF going. Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
JeffShultz said:
'shroom - as far as I can determine, the problem is on your end. I'd complain to Adelphia. Tell them you can't access IP address 67.43.68.39 - and everyone else not on Adelphia can.

The 67.x.x.x network was only released for use a year or two ago, so it's possible that it's still marked as bogus in some router filter on their network.
It's not Adelphia, they can hit it fine from their tech center. DNS resolves. It appears it's some router outside of Adelphia that I keep hitting. So where the heck do you complain for that?

Moring everyone, Flo coffee please. I'm on my way to work [ again ]
grayfox - Welcome to the forum. Lot of great people here.
Rex - cj - I hope they can get all the cows off the field before game time. :)

Everyone have a great day. ROLL TIDE ROLL.

Stan.

Hello all,

Been gone too long, been ill for sometime, but greatly improved now. Missed talking to you all. How is everyone doing and how are all your projects and pikes?

Hope you have all been well and that your loved ones and family are all safe and doing fine.

Will try and post more soon.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back