The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrandpaCoyote said:
Been gone too long, been ill for sometime, but greatly improved now. Missed talking to you all. How is everyone doing and how are all your projects and pikes?
Welcome back Coyote, I was wondering why we hadn't seen you around - hope your recovery continues! A few more people have come over here from that "big house across the street", you might recognize them.

The work on my Iron Belt hit a "speed bump" because of numerous family commitments that have been eating up my time. I was going to install some turntables on my layout even though I'm a "diseasle" modeler so visitors could run their steamers point-to-point, but scrapped the idea when I learned what an engineering challenge that could be. So I'm back to latexing the bare spots, permanent scenery will come later. That's the final preparation for restoring the trains (WHOO-HOO!!). [If RailImages wasn't down with server issues I'd post a link to my layout progress - but without pics it's kind of useless.]

How's your "Route 66" Santa Fe pike coming along?

Hello Everyone a STRONG coffee for me,
hope your all well, and if your not i hope you get better soon.
The railroads ruined, my builder friends labourer killed it with concrete dust from his disc cutter, i didn't notice him cutting concrete blocks in the doorway to the garage, by the time i stopped him it was to late, now it look's like a scene from a volcanic eruption with white concrete dust EVERYWHERE, it's the very fine stuff that gets into all the turnouts and railjoints, it's bloody everywhere, i have decided to pull the plug on the railroad and build another one that will include my sons railroad as well on the lower level.
more coffee please i need it,
later folks

A very good Morning all. Hope all of you are well and cheerful.

Flo, I need the whole pot this morning. I was on this thing way too long last night and have crossed eyes this morning. Also, give me scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy over a cathead biscuit. Ummm Good!

Coyote: Welcome back to the land of the living . Sorry you were sick. As KenL said, there are a good many guys you know here now. This forum really has a good bunch of folks and its not so darn intense.

KenL: Why don't you post on this forum's photo gallery? That is where I put the decoder pics. Works great and links just like the railimage site. Just click the ModelRailroad Photos button at the top of this page and follow the bouncing ball. Darn sure convenient.

Steve: What a tragedy! I bet your were sick with the site of it all. I wouldn't have thought about that either. On the bright side, a new layout will mean bigger and better;) .

Stan: When you said, "...hope they get their cows off the field.", the rules state that cheerleaders cannot be on the playing field:D :D ROLL TIDE!

Whew! I'm glad it's finally the weekend. Sabrina, I'll do a western omlet and coffee, please.

Hey all, sorry I've been scarce around here this week. I've been busy at work doing an inspection on one of our company planes. Let's just say it was a street fight from the start. I had trouble getting several of the parts required and was low on manpower (contractors/friends) right out of the gate. It was supposed to be completed yesterday, it ain't done... One of the cockpit windshields has to come out because it won't heat. That's a minimum of two days next week... That, and the fact that I feel like a truck ran over me from climbing all over, in, under a small jet all week makes me REALLY glad it's the weekend.

I'm looking forward to running some trains today!

Rex, how's the Tsunami sound?

Sorry to hear that Steve.:( Flo, same for me. Put Steve's tab on my bill. Add some scrambled eggs and bacon to that. I know what concrete dust can do to fine machinery. I'd be upset too!:mad:

Can't spend too long here, go more hunniedo's today. My sweet wife is going out of town tomorrow with a church mission trip to the Gulf Coast helping with the clean-up from the hurricanes and to make sure the people have a good Thanksgiving. So I get to smoke the turkey today, (Boy, gonna be tuff keeping it lit!):D:D.....Sorry, had to say it.

While it on the grill smoking away, she'll be getting everything else ready, but I get to be her gofer during all this. I am also trying to clean up the basement a lot more so maybe I can start on my layout before long.

If anyone's interested, I posted a variation on the plan in the layout forum, yall go look at it. Make a comment or two.

I'm out the door Flo, Thanx for the coffee. If Steve wants anything else let him have it and we'll settle up later!

Bye for now.

Eric: Toot! Toot!:D
Naw man, it sounds absolutely great! I love the QSI sounds, but the Tsunami is so much more real with its many 19 sounds and the way the whistles have varying pitch and tone. Heck, I haven't even got to all the reverb and equalizer settings. They use almost all of the User CV's 1-214. Unreal.

CJ: Smoking Turkey...Just don't inhale.:eek:

Steve B said:
The railroads ruined, my builder friends labourer killed it with concrete dust from his disc cutter, i didn't notice him cutting concrete blocks in the doorway to the garage, by the time i stopped him it was to late, now it look's like a scene from a volcanic eruption with white concrete dust EVERYWHERE, it's the very fine stuff that gets into all the turnouts and railjoints, it's bloody everywhere, i have decided to pull the plug on the railroad and build another one that will include my sons railroad as well on the lower level.

:( :( :(

Arrrhhhh! That positively blows! Man, I hate that, Steve. I always loved your RR.

Steve, take a picture, if possible. I'd like to see how much damage there is. I agree with Grande Man, your layout was great.

Ev'nin Flo, gimme a good strong drink! The Tide just lost to the Alabama Polytechnic Institute!:mad::mad: (That's the old name for auburn. Makes 'em mad:))

Didn't see much o the game. Had to watch the turkey. But judging from my wife's reaction most o the game, she watched one turkey, while I watched another. auburn seemed to have really handed us our bu*** on a big silver platter. Gotta be a pain for the players knowing you won every game and then lost your last two.:eek::eek:

Well the Seniors will have one more game, a bowl game, but not a real good one from what I hear.

I gotta go. Left my wife curled up in the corner crying her eyes out.;);) Actually while the turkey is cooling enough to carve, (won't be much carvin' its fallin off the bone!), she's consoling herself with a spur of the moment shopping trip. Hope she doesn't drain the bank account!:eek::eek:

Good Evening,

Steve: Sorry to hear about your layout. :( From seeing the pictures of it the layout looked great.

Rex: Congrats on getting the Tsunami! Too bad they didn't make those sound decoders in N Scale (With the exception of Precision's E8).

CJ: Sorry your team lost. I felt the same way when PSU lost to Michigan. But,
CONGRATS PSU, 2005 BIG TEN CHAMPS!!!

After two downright deplorable years, they did great this year. Hope they win the bowl game they play too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve B said:
Hello Everyone a STRONG coffee for me,
hope your all well, and if your not i hope you get better soon.
more coffee please i need it,
later folks

Sorry to hear that Steve, any chance of a vacuum off and a good clean?

Seems such a huge waste to scrap and start over, or is it a god send?

Ken.

Congrats Austin! I am glad someone is playing good football. To tell you the truth, I am down right embarrased with Alabama's play. Maybe they won't televise Bama's bowl game, CJ. Oh well! @#!?&$* Now I feel better:D .

Flo, a decalf for me please. It's already past midnight and I don't have the stamina of my college days, so this will be a quick post.

Only got about 30 minutes of MRR time today: Picked up 4 additional sheets of blue extruded-foam insulation to use as backdrops. The rest of the day was spent on honey dues and taking my 10yr-old daughter to a movie as a belated birthday gift. The hospital where my wife works was having an awards banquet, the band they had there was REALLY good - played alot of C.S.N.Y., Beatles, & "Mamas n' the Papas" (ooops I just dated myself:eek: )... not too shabby for a free meal!

Rex - Looks like you got a powerful Sign From Above that you are supposed to focus LESS on college football, and MORE on TRAINS (especially the loud kind)!

GM - I'm really tempted to get that DRGW dvd after the reading your description of it, I lust after any 1st gen EMD power in helper service, no matter what the paint!

Steve - Even if that contractor guy is a friend of yours, he still owes it to you to help set things right with your damaged layout. I hope at least you can salvage most of the track, esp. the turnouts, by running it thru the dishwasher as somebody suggested. Hopefully the end product of this disaster will be a new and improved Yarrow Sub.

No energy left, must...get...sleep...

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all, Sabrina lot's of coffee please, I need it after yesterday. I knew who ever wanted the game the most would win. Well I found out !
KenL - Hope your daughter enjoyed her Birthday gift, and as for the mamas and the papas, I don't think I remember them ;)......NOT. I'm pushing 50, where have all the years gone ?
cj - I sent you an e-mail.

Take care.

Stan.

CSX_road_slug said:
GM - I'm really tempted to get that DRGW dvd after the reading your description of it, I lust after any 1st gen EMD power in helper service, no matter what the paint!

Ken, the potential is there to make a Grande fan out of the most diehard CSX lover...:D

For you Alabama fans, sorry about yesterday. Getting spanked is one thing, getting spanked by Auburn is another... :( There's always next year. To bad they couldn't hold it together for the last two games.

Evening all, thanks for the support, pint of Cider for me, my neck is full of dust, anyone else fancy a pint

Went to work today on the mess, in this order

1 - set up BIG fan blowing out the door
2 - put blow gun on compressor hose
3 - don mask and let 125 psi rip on the dust under, over, inside and everywhere in the garage
4 - gather up all the bits of foliage etc from the floor
5 - out with the vacume and took it all over the railroad
6 - retreive all the bits of scenary from the vacume to re use

The next job is to get a spray bottle full of hot soapy water and blast the trackwork, this won't be a problem as my turnouts don't have electric motors.

the structures are all removable and will be taken outside and washed in soapy water, not a problem here.

the areas with foliage can be sprayed with water / rubbing alcohol and a fine spray of water / white glue to hold the dust down, i hope

I think i'll give part of the layout the chop though, that way i can incorporate my sons layout as well on a much lower level with steep canyon walls for added effect (very exciting stuff) BN layout on the top and a British Iron ore line at the bottom
catch you all later, the wife's calling for a brew

Steve B said:
Evening all, thanks for the support, pint of Cider for me, my neck is full of dust, anyone else fancy a pint ...
Went to work today on the mess, in this order

Steve - It appears that you've had a chance to 'digest' this problem and attack it accordingly. Glad there weren't any switch motors under the turnouts! Best of luck with it, sounds like this connection project with your son's layout was something you would eventually have been doing anyhow.

. . .
Well it's time for me to sign off, just posted a photo description of this weekend's rail-related activity in the WPF thread (construction photos, nothing exciting). Got to gather up the family and head to the in-law's for supper. Adios!

Hi guys,

Steve: Hope you're able to save as much of the layout as you can.

GM, Rex, Carey, and Stan: It's a shame that Alabama lost, not a major Alabama fan myself but I don't like Auburn.

Of course, to make up for PSU's victory, all my NFL teams having awful luck. Also, Jimmie Johnson's pretty much done as far as winning the Nextel Cup goes, so today's just not my day as far as sports go.

Good Evening Everyone! Flo, How about something a little daring? Like some dry-white toast and a glass of Moo. Not feeling so well, you know.
It's full-blown dear season here, so I've been keeping a low profile.

REX: Awesome water FX, Really nice shots!! I'm gonna have to do some learnin' from ya.

Well can't stay long, just wanted say hello while I still can. Gotta go explain to some guys why my user name is enjineerbill, but my name is Johnny.

SEE YA
enjineerbill

Good Evening everyone! Guess it's time to put the weekend in the closet for a few days. Now we Americans (others invited) have to get ready for Thanksgiving Thursday. I always hate the hastle, but love the food. I still haven't lost the extra pounds I put on last year :D.

Steve: Sounds like you are going to come out of your mess in better shape than you thought. Great opportunity to take care of the, "...wish I had done that different." things.

Johnny: Thanks for the compliment. Have you shot Bambi yet? Years ago I told my 3 year old daughter that I was going to go hunting and get Bambi. She started bawling her head off and it really made me feel like the jerk that I was. Don't hunt any more, but always have open arms for freebees.

CU tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back