The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cjcrescent said:
Earlier when trying to post it I had a major problem with the attachments and tried to fix them but then the computer messed up the body of the work. (Its never our fault is it?) Since I had something like 5 views I didn't want anyone to stop looking but I didn't want them to feel "gypped" either. When I went to delete it and start over there was no way to delete it, just edit. So for a while today there was nothing there.
I really was asking how to delete in case it happened in the future.

K, couldn't understand why you'd want to delete it. I think the only available option is to edit a thread. Sometimes a post delete is needed (double post, etc). Anyone on the staff can help with that. Shoot them a PM and it'll be taken care of.

I can't wait till you get started on the layout!

Hope you feel better soon, my friend.

Steve B said:
Hello All,
password problems,don't mention password problems, i have about 7 different ones just for my job, if i could use the same one for all applications it would be great, but i can't.
Bricks coming tommorow, my friends a builder and i help him out at times, brick works pretty easy once you have done a bit.
Weather here has changed big time, last week it was raining like heck but it was T-shirt warm, todays it's freezing cold and i had to break the ice off the car just to get in, there is a nice full moon out now with not a cloud in sight so frosty again in the morn. time for a brown ale and bed i think.
Gemma says Hello

later folks

Hello all, Seeing Steve B's wee girl reminded me of this pic of mine last Christmas. I just can't help myself she's such a cutey.

aeq.jpg

Too Much Christmas cheer!!

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've been gone for a little while, but the time hasn't been wasted. Home Depot had a "10% off for Veterans" sale last weekend and I went a little nuts.

I've got enough lumber to get to the front of the garage as well as 8 ft. closer to the back. This will more than double the square footage on my layout.

And this is how it begins:
DSCF2562.sized.jpg

And this is what it looks like in the end:
DSCF2576.sized.jpg

Want to see it all? Start at http://www.shultzinfosystems.com/gallery/WPRR_final/DSCF2562

Look Great Jeff, the pink foam is the same height as the rear track on the left?

keep up the good work.

Ken.

Bob -
modelbob said:
Two questions for you:
1) Wye?
2) Hey, if being picked up and set on the track is good enough for the Reading 2100, why are they so picky?
Good questions indeed, see my detailed answer in Enough is Enough - a dream deferred.

Fergie - sorry about the rain, but I had to send it somewhere...!:rolleyes:

Steve and NZKen - nice pix of the young 'uns, my youngest is 7yrs old, you've already met her in WPF about 3-4 weeks ago.

CJ - hope you feel better soon so you can get started on that new layout!

Jeff - Is your server down? I'm only seeing little red
null.gif
when I try to view your photos...

Thanx Ken. I actually feel worse this morning. Small coffee for me Flo, in a styrofoam cup. My wife was sick recently, (she's one of those who NEVER gets sick) and missed a week and a half of work after not missing a day for 10 years. If it came from her I know that I'm in for a real rough time.

NZRMac said:
Look Great Jeff, the pink foam is the same height as the rear track on the left?

keep up the good work.

Ken.

That's the idea. I may have to do just a tiny bit of carving, but it looks pretty good so far.

I'm letting it settle into place - I've found out the hangers have a pretty ferocious up angle that weight pulls down - and trying to figure out my curves out of that rear track.

CSX Road Slug - Nope, the server is working fine. I'm beginning to think that my whole network IP range is still listed as bogus in a lot of people's routers.

JeffShultz said:
CSX Road Slug - Nope, the server is working fine. I'm beginning to think that my whole network IP range is still listed as bogus in a lot of people's routers.
Never mind, I can see them now!

kEN that is a great picture, what a little angel.
JEFF that will look great when it's done, i used blue foam but it's very hard to find over here, mine came from work, it was going in the bin so i asked for it and got it.

the builder was going like the clappers today, he got 2ft of the blockwork upto ground level, glad to see some reel progress.

Evening all, Flo my usual please.
Rex - cj - We are having GAME DAY at work tomorrow, lot of trash talk about the game going on. All those " other people " ;) say they already have it in the bag, we'll see.
cj - I got your e-mail. I'll be sending you one in a day or two, hope you get to feeling better.

Everybody take care.

Stan.

Hi all! Just a cup of coffee, Flo. Did they hire someone new named Bertha Mae?

Finally got some courage today to harvest some trees from my tree farm and planted them on Sawmill Ridge. I put about 80 in the ground with many to go. I guess I need to raise some more tomorrow. Man, it had been cold down here. 32 last night and suppose to be colder tonight. That's rough on a southern boy.

Stan: Oh yeah! The hype with the Alabama/Auburn game is reaching boiling point around the state. It will be a helluva game this year. The only advantage Auburn has is they are use to stepping in cow pies :D .

CJ: Hope you are feeling better, but if not, how about going down to Auburn and saying howdy to the Auburn team ? Cough--cough--cough!

RexHea said:
Hi all! Just a cup of coffee, Flo. Did they hire someone new named Bertha Mae?

Man, it had been cold down here. 32 last night and suppose to be colder tonight. That's rough on a southern boy.

32! That's still tanning weather in these parts:D BTW Did I tell you I spent 10 weeks in the Arctic this past Summer?

Kids will be at Scout camp this weekend so we'll have to bundle them up proper before they go.

It's been a good Fall in these parts this year so we can't complain. Then Again I wish someone would stop sending us his rain! What's next? snow:mad:

Anyway temps are dropping quick right now and will be at the freezing mark tomorrow night.

Steve & Ken: I declare a tie. They're both cute! Then again I had two cute ones too and now they're teenagers! Where does the time go? At 5'8" I'm the shortest one in the house.

Well have a good evening everyone

Fergie

RexHea said:
Man, it had been cold down here. 32 last night and suppose to be colder tonight. That's rough on a southern boy.

If only that was 32C you'd be outside in ya swimmers!! We had a 30C day last weekend, thankgod for my bro in-laws pool.

You guys be quite back there we have people coming to view the house!!

Ken.

Hey Ken! Don't forget to tell them about the termites. Hello TERMITES,TERMITES! Did they hear me? :D :D

Fergie: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Hope the Scouts have a cabin.

JeffShultz said:
You ever hace that talk with your IT guy? I still don't get to your site.

RexHea said:
Hey Ken! Don't forget to tell them about the termites. Hello TERMITES,TERMITES! Did they hear me? :D :D

Fergie: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Hope the Scouts have a cabin.

Rex they didn't hear you HA! I reckon they've bought the place. Lots of positive comments and questions, they have till Friday to confirm.

They are a Pommie couple with two wee girls and they drive a 4WD and she usually steers, which is excactly the same as last April when we sold the other place:eek: :eek:

Spooky aye!!??

Ken.

NZKen: Ok, now I know what it means. Ha! I don't want to know what the slang is for an American immigrant:D .

pommies Australian & New Zealand Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a British person, especially a recent immigrant.

Nice going with the house (even with termites:eek: ) Good luck on closing your deal. I know you must be very excited about the new house.

I don't think they are offended, Jan's a pom. Gosh hope Steve B won't mind!!

We are very excited, I can't wait to mow the lawn!!

We have actually got plans (and a booking) for the apartment at the back of the house, a motel!!

We have an American family staying end of December for a few nights. Excellent money!!

http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/properties/5542.asp

Cool Aye!!

Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back