The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stan - Great news on the new house!

Steve - hope everything shows OK on the scan...

Carey - that story makes my skin crawl!:eek: Vicky and almost lost our youngest daughter Stephanie [now 7] when she was a newborn. When Vic noticed that Stephanie was refusing to feed and told the nurses she wanted to see the pediatrician, they said "don't worry that's no big deal, all newborns are like that." A few hours later she still wouldn't feed, plus she was jaundiced - and the nurses still didn't "get it!" So I had to personally chase down the pediatrician myself, and when she finally came in, she discovered that Stephanie had a myconium blockage of the colon. "No big deal" - yeah right!:mad:

. . .
Enough ranting from me, time to get ready for work.

Stan that's like a lottery win, good luck with the train rooms, all five of them.
Carey LOL, you were very lucky to get your problem sorted out in the nick of time, a friend of our's died of that five years back.
Willis i have a good idea what's coming, :eek: SURGERY:eek: i had a big lump of diseased tissue removed from up the snouzer last January, that was quite grim, apparently it's worse this time and may require some pretty drastic action,,,look at it like this, i'll get some time off work to do railroad related stuff;)
Ken L and Ken M tried to Skype call you but you were not on line

Steve: Good for you keeping positive thoughts. Though I hope all goes better than anticipated. Have an extra pint or two on me tonight! Can you get Teakston's Mashem (not sure of the spelling) where you are? Had several pints back in 84' when I passed through Bristol. Thought it was the nectar of the Gods!

Well Dad's place is all but painted and man what an improvement. Now have to get a set of plans to expand this place!!!

Well the garage door just went up so Lisa's home

C-ya

Fergie

Evening all
Steve - Hope everything goes well with the scan, keep us posted.

KenL - cj - I hope to get started on the house late spring or early summer. I will have to work on it in my spare time, as the weather warms up, I'll have a long list of honey do's that come first. :) I will keep the N scale layout here in the computer room, still trying to figure out how I want to build it. After all this is my " first " layout.

Have a great evening.

Stan.

Wow Stan that's really cool, I know excatly how you feel I couldn't believe my luck when our house came along with a train room on the garage ready for me. Good luck!!

Ken.

look at it like this, i'll get some time off work to do railroad related stuff
Looking on the bright side of things, way to go Steve, you'll be allright, there's quite a few on this forum who believe in prayer, we'll be with you with that Take care
Willis

Hi all,

Yesterday was a bit crazy so not much MRR-related stuff to report - except that I finally finished [and posted] the writeup of my 2 latest structure additions.

Steve - Best of luck with the upcoming surgery:eek: Sorry I was unable to receive your Skype call yesterday, I was in the middle of trying to install that new router I bought last week - kept the Linksys tech support guy on the line for ~45 mins., and it was during the 4-5pm EST timeframe. But at least now I no longer have to compete with the rest of my family for internet access!

Stan - have the ARG'ers come over to help you when you're ready to put up that new layout, that'll speed things up!;)

Fergie - Is your dad moving in with you and Lisa? Couldn't quite read between-the-lines on your last. Hope everything goes OK with that situation anyhow...

. . .
Time to go, must prep for an after-lunch meeting!

Hello everyone, i'll keep you posted.
Fergie i bet your glad to get the house is almost done, now Theakstons old peculier,,,,I will Never have that stuff EVER again after my little accident:eek: when i was a lad, i was fast asleap so knew nothing about it, till i awoke,,,,Mom was not happy.
We went out tonight for a Cider and a Meaty feast, this is what i had for my little snack:D
129544284.gif

OOOH My Goodness! Steve, you would post a photo like that knowing poor ole CJ is still suffering without his choppers:D

CJ: That is what grownup food looks like. Notice that it didn't come from a jar with a baby picture on it:p :D :D

Stan: That sounds great with the new space. Wow, you can build an empire now.;)

KenL: You never have told me rather or not your were happy with the headset/mic you bought at the Shack. If so, would you please give me the part number of it?

Where is Grandeman? Haven't seen him post much.

Ken: Not sure what's going on at this point. Long story short. Someone said something he shouldn't have and she's extremely upset and I'm the "buffer", therefore no one is talking to me. Gawd it's like being at work!!!

Dad wants to get back to his garden and is having problems facing reality of his property all 2/3rds of an acre being too big for a man in his 80's to tend to himself! So he's flinging up the "What ifs". And now that his place is all painted and looking 100%+ better he's having second thoughts of moving.

I have had enough of it and it's time to go back to sea. Oh please deliver me.

Later All

Fergie

Hi gang,

Just an "express" visit...

Steve - didn't the other people in the restaurant look at you kind of strangely, when they saw you taking pictures of your meat?

RexHea said:
KenL: You never have told me rather or not your were happy with the headset/mic you bought at the Shack.
Yes I was quite happy with it Rex!:D
If so, would you please give me the part number of it?
Well certainly I can, here's a link to it: http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...CatId=2032061&kw=microphone&parentPage=search

Fergmiester said:
Ken: Not sure what's going on at this point...
I have had enough of it and it's time to go back to sea. Oh please deliver me.
Gosh Fergie sorry I asked, didn't mean to open an old wound...I'd gladly give you command of the Marquette, but her hull is not designed for ocean sailing and besides she has no Polar bear harpoon cannon...

. . .
Well I better get to work here, C-U later!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Flo and java gang! Just a quick cup of joe and I will be on my way. Trying to finish up on some insulating in my Depot. I have already started moving things around to allow for my layout extension and hope to start putting some wood together soon.

Fergie: You are witnessing one of the saddest parts of our lives and that is when our parents get very old and become frustrated that they can't continue doing their simple routines for themselves. When my Dad was in his 80's, he told me how frustrated and sad he would get because he couldn't still do the things he has always done. My Mother, now 90, is the same way. She won't give up driving, doesn't want any outsiders coming in and helping her do things, and will not move in with us or into a Seniors home. She says, "...that's for old people." I just hope that I can have the same courage.;)

KenL: Thanks for the link.

Good afternoon Crew,

Man that wind is really howling here, and my office is located in a "modular building" (a.k.a. a housetrailer) - the whole place shakes like crazy during those high gusts!:eek:

Rex and Fergie - I got a call from The TEFFinator last nite, he sends his regards. Finally got the whole story about the co-worker who used that rather curious adjective about me: It seems that she had been routed to Bob for tech support on her wireless service, and she mentioned working at APL [my employer] and so Bob asked if she knew me - she's a 'fiftysomething' woman who delivers the inter-office mail. And here I had been thinking this was 'paybacks' for my part in an earlier "off-color" running gag...!:rolleyes:

On the subject of aging parents, I guess I've been spared that particular type of pain in that neither Mom or Dad made it past 80. But my mother's last 5 years were NOT happy ones: She was gradually losing her eyesight and was plagued by migraine headaches that even the 'best' doctors couldn't control. She dreaded the thought of inevitably ending her days in a nursing home, totally blind - but the Good Lord spared her that fate. While she was out walking in the backyard early one Saturday morning, listening to birdcalls and watching them as much as her failing eyes would allow - she had a heart attack and dropped dead. So at least her final moments were in natural sunlight, doing one of the few activities she still loved.

[Sorry if that last paragraph was a bit on the 'maudlin' side....!:eek: ]

Steve - Will you be going on Skype anytime this weekend? If so let me know, so I can arrange to be available. Rex I hope you get that new mic setup pretty soon!

Adios amigos!

Hello All,
Fergie fancy a wood's, i do.
Carey sorry if i made you drool with the pic, i should have posted the picture of the bowl of soup i had for starters
Ken L & NZ Ken-R.E. Skype i'll try to be online tommorow at 2pm - 7pm your time Ken L and i think it will be 7am - 10am NZ time Ken M if your around.

Steve B said:
Hello All,
Fergie fancy a wood's, i do.

Keep'm coming and just put a blanket over me before you lock up, Please & Thanks

Ken L & NZ Ken-R.E. Skype i'll try to be online tommorow at 2pm - 7pm your time Ken L and i think it will be 7am - 10am NZ time Ken M if your around.

Staples had a deal on headsets today so I'm now "Skyped". So if I'm around tomorrow "skype me":D

Ahhh the trials and tribulations of parents and family dynamics. Dad is coming to the conclusion that he will be selling and moving in. It's just taking time to sink in, I think, sorta, well maybe:confused:

Later All

Fergie

Steve B said:
Hello All,

Carey sorry if i made you drool with the pic, i should have posted the picture of the bowl of soup i had for starters

That's all right Steve, I showed the pic to my wife, who is doing her best to provide me with a somewhat varied diet while my jaw heals. She said,"Boy that looks good!", went to the grocery store and bought a small rack of ribs, cooked them and ate them in front of me!:eek::eek:
At times, even the closest ones to you can be cruel!!!:(:(

I WILL have my revenge one day.

Hello gang,

It's about 1:15 in my part of the world, and I just finished doing my taxes - had to get them done so I could apply for financial aid at my daughter's school, they require copies of all the tax forms, pay stubs etc., and they grant the tuition discounts on a first-come-first-serve basis...IOW, rush rush rush!:mad: I'd have much preferred to be staging the scene for my entry in the February photo contest. Oh well at least that annual bother is now behind me!

Steve - hope you will be online at 7:00pm your time (2:00pm EST) for a skype conference. Enjoyed a few skype chats with Fergie since he got his hooked up. Hey Rex did you get yours yet?

Well I need to run, still have a few errands, C.U.L.

Ken M great to talk to you Ken, figured out how to set up a conferance call, just got to co-ordinate a time, that's the hard bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back