The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
I have been trying to get things cleaned up in the Depot for the Alabama Rail Gang Saturday. Gads! I sure can make a mess. The only problem with having a 'meet' like this one coming up is you stand back, look, and say, " Gosh, I wish that I could have finished that." or "If I had just a little more time I could have painted ..." and it goes on and on.:rolleyes: Oh well, what you see is...

Ken: Wish we had the snow. I love it, but it doesn't stay around long here. When I lived in the Va burbs (many years ago) and we got snow, you could always tell where people originally came from by how bad they spinned out on the Beltway.:D

CJ: Bahh! You been listening too much to James Spann (local weatherman).

Steve: You guys having an abnormal amount of rain this year or is it always this wet? At least your building inspectors will show up. Around here they may tell you tomorrow and show up 3 days later. It really makes the contractors mad as...

Last edited by a moderator:
No Rex, it always rains non stop if i as much as look at a garden spade, when i built my 15' x 10' conservatory 4 years back the same happened then, i picked up the spade on a glorious sunny day and that was that,
anyway it's bed time now and i'm stuffed with beaf steak, pork steak, lamb, sausage, black pudding, eggs, fries and mushrooms, very nice
later

Gonna just grab a quick cup there Sabrina. Like Rex I gotta get ready for Sat as well. Gotta think up some new "lies" to tell everyone.

Cjcrescent said:
Like Rex I gotta get ready for Sat as well. Gotta think up some new "lies" to tell everyone.

You better go back over the old ones again. I don't think Rex bought em all. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from sunny Woodstock, MD!

Good morning fellow modelers (Nothing for me right now Sabrina, I just had breakfast with some of my friends "across the street")...

Well, the predicted weather came and went last night; my kids have the day off from from school, and my employer is opening for regular business 2 hours late.

Here is the view from my rear deck at 8:30am. (You cant ask for quieter neighbors than these, ya think?;) )

Neat backyard scene! We hardly ever get any snow... :( When we do, they shut the whole dang state down. :rolleyes: Folks down here have NO IDEA how to drive on snow and ice.

grande man said:
Neat backyard scene! We hardly ever get any snow... :( When we do, they shut the whole dang state down. :rolleyes: Folks down here have NO IDEA how to drive on snow and ice.
But I'm sure you got plenty of practice with snow driving when you lived in the Rocky Mountain State, eh?:D

Somewhere between 6-8" here. Got the day off of school, so I got to spend the morning hours clearing two driveways and about two blocks worth of paths (except there aren't any blocks here....or sidewalks....that makes clearing a path to the bus stop...err...'fun').

CSX_road_slug said:
But I'm sure you got plenty of practice with snow driving when you lived in the Rocky Mountain State, eh?:D

Oh yeah. Those were some fun times. I delivered pizzas part time while going to school. Got lots of snowy driving in. ;)

Hi all, I new to this forum and am feeling really stupid! I have been wanting to introduce myself but can't find how to post a new thread. I need help.
Thanking everyone.

You are in the coffee shop now. Look above next to where it says you are signed in. Back up one space to the ANPL Clubcar. There is a "new thread" button at the top of the thread listings. Click on that to insert a thread in the Cllubcar.

Similar procedure for other threads. The button will be in the same location where you can start a new thread.

Darrell, quiet...for now

Darrell, Thank you for the info. I went to ANPL Clubcar, opened it and didn't see new thread button, guess it's been a longer day then I thought. I'll give it another shot in the AM. Thanks again.

Actually the new thread button is on the ANPL Coffee Shop page. The ANPL
Club Car is one to step to far up.

Ho Ho Ho Everyone

age.sized.jpg

Has everyone been good this year?

As promised a pic with I, the misses and Elf 2.

Not much on the go, power was out for several hours last night which isn't too unusual ever since the power company privatized and halfed it's work force a few years ago. They have been blaming it on wood peckers and carpenter ants and even ran a story last year in the paper stating why we had a major outage last year. Thing is the poles that collapsed were steel. Go figure.

Bob: Good to see you here and I haven't forgotten your e-mail as I had to put it aside yesterday as the 2do list took precedent. The downside of working on a ship. when you get off you're playing catch-up.

Well I got some more catching up to do

Later all

Fergie

Good morning all,

Fergie, we're all really impressed with the way you look in that North Pole garb! But really now - one copy of the image would have been enough don't ya think?:p ;)

While the ARG'ers were busy over at Rex's enjoying fun, fellowship, food and "fish" stories, I was trying to make the best use of six hours' free time to move the Iron Belt closer to a pseudo-finished state. But as Murphy would have it, this was a 2-steps-forward-1-step-backward type of day. The 'backward' step was when I discovered a damaged #4 turnout on a hard-to-reach spot on the steel mill penisula - I spent an hour driving to the LHS to get a replacement turnout, then spent another hour installing and wiring it. My original goal was to have the entire 'vertical' leg of my E-shaped layout covered with latex, but I only covered half of it... oh well, whatcha gonna do?

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Hi Java Pals!
I believe that I have recuperated from the excitement of yesterday to get on with the day. Hope all are having a good one and those in the snow country haven't stuck their tongue to a metal pole:D

Fergie: Make sure you get that suit back up to your neighbors before Christmas. We wouldn't want Santa arrested for indecent (or is that weather) exposure. BTW: Like the hair!:rolleyes:

KenL: Your two steps forward...one back, sounds like my kind of work, but at least you have some forward progress. Can't wait to hear that the Iron Belt is moving freight even if it's to a sign saying, "With imagination, you can see that this index card is really a Blast Furnace.":D

Big cup of Java there Sabrina. Gimme a big bowl of hot buttered grits and some eggs sunny side up.

Had such a grand time yesterday that I'm just now recovered.

Gman, you got quite a little railroader in LGM. Trey is gonna one day be better than us all!

Rex, thanx again for hosting us at the BC&W depot.

Stan: Sorry ya missed this one, maybe you can make the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back